Indianapolis - IN, INDYC, 8332 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, 46240-2482
Keith Andrew Vogel
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Private Client is a premier, fee based and non discretionary investment advisory solution providing clients with a personal relationship, specialized service and ongoing advice built on Schwab’s approach to investing. Portfolio Consultants work for Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc. ("SPCIA"), a registered investment advisor and an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
What you’ll do:
As a Portfolio Consultant of SPCIA, you will work as a fiduciary within a dedicated Schwab Private Client team to deliver a disciplined, objective, non-discretionary advisory relationship designed to help our clients reach their financial goals. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and growing an assigned practice of high-net worth clients with Schwab Branch business partners
- Developing, implementing and ongoing monitoring of Investment Policy Statements that outline investment goals and objectives, preferences and risk tolerance
- Constructing and delivering customized portfolio advice with specific investment recommendations through scheduled and proactive outreach to clients
- Partnering with a team of financial planners, attorneys and CPAs to offer comprehensive solutions
You will provide on-going advice to clients via a phone based relationship with the opportunity to visit your assigned market and clients. SPCIA’s advice philosophy will enable you to leverage a vast array of products (i.e. stocks, bonds, ETF’s, mutual funds, separately managed accounts, option trading) as you help clients manage larger and more complex portfolios and wealth planning needs. This unique and rewarding opportunity will provide both you and your clients the ability to build goal oriented portfolios and nurture long-term relationships.
You will have the tools, resources and support to succeed in a portfolio management environment. Specifically:
- Client relationship management software to enable seamless client interactions
- Financial Planning software designed for customized client focused portfolio solutions
- Access to third party and proprietary research to support the advice recommendations
- On-going training and commitment to your professional development
SPCIA offers a progressive benefits package along with a base plus variable bonus compensation program derived from client satisfaction, growth of the offer and client retention. In this role, we believe that the client relationship should not be compromised by commission payments that may incent product sales.
We value integrity, open communication, strong market knowledge, and a passion for client service. If you want to work with a firm that is dynamic, client focused and values your contributions by providing a successful environment for outstanding financial rewards, consider a career as a Portfolio Consultant with Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute the SPCIA strategy. Essential skills include:
- Undergraduate degree required
- Active FINRA Series 7 and 66 required (or may be obtained within the first 90 days)
- Three or more years advisory experience required
- Five or more years in the financial services industry working directly with clients highly preferred
- CFP or CFA highly preferred
- Superior relationship management and client retention experience
- Polished interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, attention to detail
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7|
|Relevant Work Experience:||Financial Services-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||IN - Indianapolis|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, March 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018