We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Analytics & Business Insight (ABI) organization supports multiple business units across Schwab through quantitative-based decision support. Our mission is to help Schwab better understand the needs and behaviors of our prospects and clients through statistical analysis, predictive modeling, market research, and business intelligence.
Our analytical teams within ABI provide the organization with advanced quantitative analyses and insights that help guide development of new product/service offerings, better target prospects and clients through informed marketing efforts, increase acquisition of desired prospects, understand the ROI of advertising and marketing promotions, measure and assess the impact of business strategies, and identify strategies to grow client engagement, retention, and loyalty. Our analytical services are in heavy demand as our team is a critical component in Schwab’s commitment to being a leading data-driven organization.
What you’ll do:
- Support Schwab business partners on a wide range of analytics projects from ad-hoc requests to large-scale cross-functional engagements primarily in the areas of paid search, organic search, programmatic media buying and Schwab.com
- Provide analytical leadership and vision on using analytics in a digital and big data environment to uncover new insights that drive decisions that impact the business
- Consult with business partners helping define their needs and prioritize efforts
- Fully scope analytics projects including identifying resources and assets needed, determining analysis approach, conducting analysis, and developing execution plans
- Work independently or collaboratively throughout the complete analytics project lifecycle including data extraction/preparation, analysis and documentation of results
- Guide the pragmatic approach to use web/media analytics, data science, testing and new technologies to drive productivity, sales and a superior business result
- Lead the development and application of advanced, scalable approaches to media optimization and business planning. Drive key tactic, sales and efficiency KPI’s
- Approach analytical problems with an appropriate blend of statistical/mathematical rigor with practical business intuition
- Hold a point-of-view on the strengths and limitations of statistical models and analyses in various business contexts and is able to evaluate and effectively communicate the uncertainty in the results
- Bring a creative approach to quantitative analysis and problem solving and is able to comfortably think outside the traditional methodologies from the academic literature or innovative industry best practices
- Have a strong experience in planning analytics actions into a roadmap by aligning with business priorities and then be able to take those initiatives to completion
- Develop plan and roadmap to assess and refine existing tools, vendors and infrastructure to scale operations, increase efficiencies, and improve quality of results
- Partner with technical and non-technical resources across the business to leverage their support and integrate our efforts
- Foster and inspire a culture of innovation, collaboration, intense curiosity and a drive to “be the best”
- Guide, develop and support team. Recognize and develop talent
- Provide team with a clear sense of objective, ownership and accountability and a solid understanding of how what they do fits into the broader strategy of Schwab
What you have:
As the leader of Digital Analytics, the ideal candidate for Managing Director must:
- Be pragmatic and focused on driving business results in all matters pertaining to the digital marketing especially related to Schwab.com site analytics and paid and organic search optimization
- Have a minimum of 6-8 years experience in marketing analytics - digital preferred
- Be extremely detail oriented, self-driven
- 4-5 years leadership experience
- Be hands-on with day to day data analysis efforts and have the ability to work collaboratively with team members to drive actionable insights
- Have executive level communication skills, as you will be expected to routinely partner with senior management, answer questions on the health of the business/digital tactics, forward looking strategy and push for the execution of data-driven recommendations and action
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.Position Located In:
CA - San Francisco