Pleasanton - CA, BRCAVY, 6200 Stoneridge Mall Road, 94588-3242
Ami Nicole Thomas
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for providing advice and counsel to individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, educational planning, investment management, estate planning, active investing, managed banking, and lending needs.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you’ll do:
Upon hire, Financial Consultants are assigned an existing practice of high net worth Schwab clients (book of business). Practice client minimum is $250,000 or more of investable assets with Schwab. The actual size of each practice may vary based upon geography and the Financial Consultant’s experience. Our Financial Consultants work in a Schwab Branch, providing investment guidance and advice to clients primarily through face to face meetings. Our Financial Consultants’ primary goal is to deepen relationships with existing clients through financial planning, holistic approach of current and long term investment objectives, as well as positioning the appropriate solutions and strategies through Schwab’s broad product offering. Additionally, Financial Consultants work to grow their practice through client referrals, marketing events, asset consolidation and proactive calling to prospects.
Schwab Financial Consultants receive a total compensation package which includes a competitive base salary, incentives and a bonus structure derived by each individual Financial Consultant’s performance and production.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Minimum of four years successful financial services experience working with retail clients, with proven success in providing advice and consultation, managing, developing and expanding client relationships
- Strong industry and market knowledge
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license is required (may be obtained within a 90 day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification is preferred
- Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - Pleasanton
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017