We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation, has approximately $280 Billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager is a key member of the Charles Schwab Investment Management Services (IMS) Money Market Fund Strategy and Product Development team. This individual will be engaged in IMS business strategy, product strategy, and product development, and will be involved in the analysis and development of several high-priority and innovative investment product and platform concepts. This will be done through developing and maintaining an understanding of strategic issues and product and distribution industry trends, and collaborating closely with multiple partner organizations across Schwab. This person will be expected to simultaneously be involved in multiple projects, and will be involved in projects from the brainstorming phase through implementation and execution.
What you have:
- Passion for serving clients and for the investment management industry.
- 5+ years of product development experience in the investment management industry.
- Thorough knowledge of the investment management industry and major trends around products, managers and distributors.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of industry data into the limited number of product development opportunities and product re-design needs most important to Schwab.
- Exceptional analytic strength and communication skills.
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment.
- Natural ability to build relationships, both with industry participants and consultants outside of Schwab, and with the business units, product management and product development groups within Schwab.
- BA/BS required, MBA, CFA or other advanced business training preferred.
- 7+ years of professional experience in related positions.
- Proven experience in product strategy or product development roles in the investment management industry (preferred).
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Position Located In:
CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver