Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advanced Portfolio Technology/SPARKS team delivers critical Portfolio Accounting and related domain based functionality, enabling Schwab to deliver Cost Basis, Gain/Loss, Investment and Tax Planning capabilities. The team is focused on technology strategy, design and implementation of the Portfolio Accounting domain to provide core accounting functionality, scalability and availability and integration with Schwab systems. This role is for a 'Staff' position in Advanced Portfolio Technology (APT) part of the CTS organization.
What you’ll do:
This role is a hybrid role with skills of an Analyst and a Programmer on Unix and Oracle database. The work involves analyzing the current system, execute performance tests, analyze the application and Oracle database performance and look for opportunities to improve performance overall.
What you have:
- 5+ years of technology experience working on Unix/Linux platforms
- 5+ years of developer experience in Perl, Shell scripts, Unix and Oracle
- Must have good application development experience in oracle where the candidate must have dealt with performance tuning of queries and troubleshooting issues using various tools like OEM, Zabbix etc.
- Development experience in perl around backend processing of files containing high volume data
- Perl coding experience in building deployment scripts on a Unix platform is desirable
- Position requires experience working in an enterprise wide multi-technology application environment
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Candidate must be able to enhance the existing application suite and be able to troubleshoot and think innovatively and out of the box to solve issues
- Financial services domain knowledge
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017