Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position is in support of Schwab’s digital innovation initiative that is focused on improving client experience during our new client onboarding process. Our goal is to modernize current process to provide the capability to onboard new clients in real time while increasing our ability prevent fraudulent attempts during the process. Ideal candidates must thrive in a fast paced team environment, and have a strong passion for technology and innovation.
What you’ll do:
The senior technical engineer must excel in a dynamic, fast-moving agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performant, and scalable software.
As the lead for this team you will work directly with the scrum master and product owner during back log refinement to ensure stories are understood and are acceptable to the scrum team. You will then work with the scrum teams through the sprint process guiding them through sprint planning reviewing selected stories and answering questions they may have. You will be responsible for ensuring that all work during the sprint adheres to Schwab’s coding standards leading the team to a successful sprint completion.
For large scale projects you will work directly with the architecture team to review and understand the goal of the project and working with the product owner transform the design into usable stories for the scrum team.
What you have:
- 7+ years of experience successfully developing Java applications in a Linux environment
- 5+ years programming to SQL databases - proficiency with Oracle PL/SQL is preferred
- 3+ years working with Agile both Scrum and Kanban
- Experience developing web services – preferably REST services
- Ksh, bash, scripting experience is beneficial
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes including learning new technology
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool-chain (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Test driven development and unit testing
- Financial Services experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2018