Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Specialty Operations/Schwab One & Banking Operations ACH/VISA Disputes Processing Team provides operational support for Charles Schwab & Co. Inc and Charles Schwab Bank customers initiating dispute claims.
What you’ll do:
- Case management of client reported disputes for Visa Debit Card point of sale (POS) transactions, ACH, and ATM activity.
- Timely and thorough investigation of client disputes includes research, documentation and review of client and merchant information, case resolution, and written client communication of case decisions within Regulation E and/or Regulation Z mandated timelines.
- Support daily disputes reporting for account provisional credits and reversals.
- Manages dispute caseload by researching, documenting and resolving Visa debit card POS, ACH and ATM dispute claims.
- Customer claims are governed by Regulation E and/or Regulation Z requiring provisional credits, fees, interest and cardholder communications to be completed within required timeframes.
- Researches customer dispute claims by reviewing transactions, account records and information provided by merchants. Processes daily reports as well as credits and reversals related to dispute claims.
- Reviews pending files to ensure all required documentation is received.
- Prepares and mails dispute status letters to clients.
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry, in an operational or client service role.
- Series 7 & 63 licenses preferred
- Billing disputes experience preferred
- Self - starter who is able to utilize resources and solve problems as they may arise.
- Must be able to learn and demonstrate proficiency using multiple desktop applications supporting the disputes process for both Broker Dealer and Bank
- Prior disputes experience with an understanding of Regulation E application is strongly preferred
- Positive attitude and desire to engage and collaborate with local and cross site disputes team members
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Take initiative to perform day to day tasks with limited guidance or direct supervision.
- Weigh benefit and risks to ensure a positive client experience while adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Ensuring that one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate; careful preparation for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 21, 2018