Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $320 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
What you’ll do:
CSIM is seeking to recruit an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to team leaders within the Operations and Portfolio Management Group. This job will be located in our 150 S. Wacker Drive location. The job requires strong administrative and time management skills with good planning and scheduling proficiencies. Strong ability to judge what needs urgent attention, confidentiality, priority and delegation is essential. The job requires flexibility, diplomacy and a proactive approach.
Scheduling and Clerical Support: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for calendar management, scheduling phone calls and arranging in-person meetings, both for internal and external participants. This includes coordinating with other Assistants to manage schedules for meetings with Senior Leaders and the Executive Management team.
New Employee Support: The position will manage the new hire process and new employee onboarding process, including posting positions, coordinating interview schedules and candidate travel and helping to ensure the new hires complete required training and certifications. Additionally, this assistant will request seating, computer, phone and basic technology for new hires.
Expenses and Travel: This position requires arranging travel and compilation of expense reports. He / she will work with vendor management for invoice processing or reimbursement. They may also set up Purchase Orders or expense payments as needed for vendors.
Support Team: The Administrative Assistant demonstrates team spirit as a representative of the investment advisor organization. He/she must develop and maintain strong working relationships with other personnel throughout our organization, particularly with other administrative assistants. They may serve as a back-up to other administrative assistants when they are on leave or vacation He/she must be accommodating, flexible and ready to assist with special projects as needed.
Planning: The position requires extensive and critical time management and the capacity for setting priorities and handling any ad hoc requirements. This may also include reserving locations or hoteling facilities, organizing catering and providing assistance at the Chicago location for team social events and meetings, as well as CSIM events, meetings and trainings
Communications: This position facilitates internal and external communication through phone calls, agendas, letters and scheduling appointments. The Administrative Assistant may produce basic PowerPoint presentations for the team. The position will include preparing and delivering materials in advance of meetings.
What you have:
- 5+ years of administrative assistant experience, preferably in financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred), or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, as well as a high degree of accuracy and careful attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication, plus strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience interacting with internal and external individuals at all levels, including senior executives, clients and vendors.
- Strong work ethic and a “can do” attitude; proactive and supportive of team leaders and its members.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, including a willingness to work overtime if situation calls for it.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Administrative Support-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018