Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Business Empowerment & Risk Solutions (BEaRS) is an independent group responsible for providing supervisory support through direct supervision, escalation, oversight, analysis and supervisory risk assessments, to Schwab’s Investor Services (retail) group. Our vision is to be a trusted independent partner of all Schwab stakeholders that promotes business growth through effective risk management. We strive to improve business outcomes by providing and applying practical, consistent, effective and unbiased risk guidance that is grounded in a deep understanding of business goals as well as the regulatory and industry environment.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the BEaRS Department. This position will support the team(s) and business partners that service and support the business exception and acceptance process in the Investor Services (Retail) enterprise. As Schwab continues to evolve and maintain its process for managing business risk acceptance decisions, this role will focus on risk issues and identifying and monitoring mitigating controls related to these requests. In addition, the role will be expected to proactively build and support the processes required to bring a disciplined and efficient structure to reviewing and servicing business exception and acceptance requests.
As a Senior Manager, this person would support Schwab’s Leaders by…
- Identifying, escalating and helping to address issues and potential trends;
- Providing advice and guidance on relevant firm policies; and
- Understanding the inherent risks associated with complex accounts, higher risk client relationships, and exception requests.
The qualified candidate will play a key role in managing the business exception and acceptance queue, gathering the required information needed to evaluate requests for risk acceptance, identifying potential risk issues, and recommending mitigating controls. S/he should possess the following skills:
- Ability to influence others through the development of strong working relationships;
- Proven supervision and oversight skills with a working knowledge of industry standards and policies; and
- Experience executing both strategic and tactical objectives.
Qualified candidates must also have….
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills;
- Experience implementing process improvements;
- The ability to work independently, with minimum guidance; and
- The ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize based on regulatory risk and business needs.
What you have:
- 5+ years supervisory, risk, control, or compliance experience
- Experienced making timely decisions based on client and field input
- Track record of providing sound guidance to peers and subordinates
- Responded to changes in the business and/or regulatory environment by proactively recommending changes to existing policies and procedures
- Implemented regulatory change initiatives across the business in a manner that balances the control requirements with the field experience
- Must have active and valid Series 7 license required
- Must have active and valid Series 9/10 (8) license required
- Must have active and valid Series 66 required
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, IN - Indianapolis, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018