Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Business Empowerment & Risk Solutions (BEaRS) is an independent group responsible for providing supervisory support through direct supervision, escalation, oversight, analysis and supervisory risk assessments, to Schwab’s Investor Services group. BEaRS’ vision is to be a trusted independent partner of all Schwab stakeholders that promotes business growth through effective risk management. We strive to improve business outcomes by providing and applying practical, consistent, effective and unbiased risk guidance that is grounded in a deep understanding of business goals as well as the regulatory and industry environment
What you’ll do:
The Manager will work with complex relationships as defined by our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policy and Account Acceptance rules. The primary purpose of this position is to understand the client’s business & investment objectives to meet Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements, set expectations with the client, and ensure the appropriate Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) requirements are met both at on-boarding and through the life of the account.
In addition to complex account responsibilities, the Investor Services Manager/Sr Specialist will have responsibility for individual high risk due diligence and negative media review for the assessment of reputation risk.
The Manager will have specific responsibility for:
- In depth interactions to address outstanding CIP and CDD issues as well as gaining an understanding of the client’s business, account purpose, expected account activity, identifying potential risks and properly escalating items as necessary
- Serving as the central point of contact for the client and setting expectations around the KYC and documentation review during the on-boarding process
- Serving as the central point of contact for the advisor/branch/client to provide acquisition support on new Organization accounts and setting expectations around the documentation review during the on-boarding process
- Discussing organizational structure with advisor/branch/client and request/review additional information to support Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD). May support the Complex Account Team Senior Manager with EDD at on-boarding and monitor that any requested documents are received.
- Partnering with AML-EDD, Complex Account Review Team (CART) and other oversight partners to ascertain level of risk to Schwab based on stated purpose, expected activity and structure
- Review KYC Media Referrals to determine what level, if any, risk exists and follow communicate determination rationale to appropriate decision makers.
- Partnering with leadership and various oversight partners to understand and ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Conducting ongoing account periodic reviews with a client/FC if assigned
- Reviewing transactional monitoring reports and research, as necessary, in coordination with FC to support ongoing due diligence
- Actively mentor, coach, develop and offer assistance to new and existing team members, service teams, AML, CVRC, CART, and other partners displaying leadership amongst peers
- Ensuring due diligence surrounding high risk individuals satisfies both regulatory and business requirements. Work closely with AML to assess the risks and mitigation steps surrounding high risk individuals
What you have:
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in financial services
- Working knowledge of entity/trust types, structures (including layers) and associated documentation
- Good knowledge of KYC rules and regulations
- Good ability to assess regulatory impacts and communicate risk
- Problem resolution skills with ability to work effectively across departments to resolve issues
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong relationship building skills, including both clients and business partners
- Experience researching complex organizational structures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Relative experience with risk analysis, compliance or AML processes preferred
- Licenses: Series 7 required
- Good business judgment with ability to balance and explain risk vs reward relationship
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, IN - Indianapolis, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018