Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Join a team of technical professionals supporting large-scale z/OS and z/VM system platforms running the most current system software and hardware.
This position requires an experienced systems programmer who has at least 10 years of experience supporting the zOS mainframe environment with specialized skill in mainframe storage.
What you’ll do:
- Proficient in maintaining and managing DASD & Tape environments using various storage management products/utilities including DFSMS components, device support facility (ICKDSF), and CA-1 tape management system (or equivalent)
- Proficient in supporting storage management product upgrades & customization.
- Proven working knowledge in maintaining the SMS configurations, catalogs, and monitoring/maintaining space availability.
- Proven experience in basic z/OS version 2.1 (or higher) facilities including TSO, ISPF, JCL and problem determination procedures
- Desired hands on experience with the IBM DS8000 Disk Subsystem, TS7000 Virtual Tape Subsystem and GDPS Multi-Target Metro Mirror
- Desired hands on experience with the EMC / DELL DLM and Data Domain
- Requirement to participate in the 24x7 on-call technical support rotation
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience working with the z/OS Operating System and associated program products
- Broad and deep knowledge of modern enterprise technology and trends
- Ability to be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels
- Must have a collaborative, cooperative and motivational approach to working with peers
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2018