Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Operational Services Account Solutions (OSAS) provides operational support for Advisor Services, Investor Services and Schwab’s International business. OSAS provides service to our investor services clients, financial advisors and branch Financial Consultants to fulfill our purpose of championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill client needs and have a focus on employee development and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
As an Operational Account Solutions Support Team professional, you will be responsible for delivering first class service to processors and internal business partners with questions regarding processing.
Specifically, you will:
- Support all functions performed by Operational Account Solutions teams
- Assist with escalations that may require updating and opening client accounts
- Possess a sense of urgency and self-motivation to move seamlessly from task to task without manager instruction
- Utilize a passion for client service, positive energy, and problem solving skills to deliver first class service to those within the team as well as business partners
- Ability to identify and control risks to Schwab and clients by being familiar with Schwab and department policies, procedures and guidelines
- Interact with other team members and internal business partners cross-site to assist in attaining individual, team, and department objectives
- Be flexible and have the ability to multi- task and embrace change
- Analyze data and make strategic suggestions on improving accuracy and reduce the amount of work that requires a second touch
What you have:
- Operational experience in legal or financial services including; brokerage, banking operations, paralegal, or research
- Extensive knowledge of Schwab applications and platforms
- Above average ability to articulate processing concepts verbally and in written communications
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple processes/projects
- Ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Excellent logical reasoning skills to apply good judgment when a situation is not clear in policy and procedure
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills that will allow for the recognition of trends from data collected on an Excel spreadsheet
- Extensive knowledge of account opening, maintenance, and update of Investor Services accounts (Retirement Distribution processing knowledge a plus)
This position may be filled as an Associate, or Specialist.
For a Specialist, you must have:
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses
- 5+ years of Financial Operations experience
For an Associate, you must have:
- 2+ years of Financial industry experience
- Financial Operations experience is preferred
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Diagnostic Information Gathering - Gets complete and accurate information by checking multiple sources
Personal Accountability - Consistently demonstrates a positive can-do, overcome-any barrier
Written and Oral Communication - Summarizes or paraphrases his/her understanding of what others have said to verify understanding and prevent miscommunication. Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing
Initiative - Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required to
Analytical Thinking - Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Legal-less than 2 yrs, Legal-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Legal-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 12, 2018