Lone Tree - CO, BRCOQ4, 9899 Schwab Way, 80124-5377
Lance Alan Britton
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Charitable, established in 1999, is an independent public charity created to increase charitable giving in the United States by offering clients simple and tax-smart giving solutions. We deliver on this mission through our Schwab Charitable Fund™, a leading national donor-advised fund. We offer our donors a strategic approach to maximize the value of their charitable giving and provide access to resources and tools that help develop lifelong charitable giving programs.
Schwab Charitable has received approximately $20 billion dollars in contributions since inception, and works with over 46,000 donors and over 2100 investment firms. Schwab Charitable has issued over $9 billion in grants to over 120,000 charitable organizations nationwide.
What you’ll do:
This position, which reports to the Senior Manager of Investment Oversight, is mainly responsible for administering alternative investment transactions, valuations and our professionally managed account data. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with investment knowledge, strong analytic skills, organizational skills, and investment accounting or administration experience. This role must be able to interact skillfully with external fund administrators, clients and with multiple internal roles.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Process Alternative Investment (“AI”) incoming wires daily ;
- Collect, reconcile, enter and file AI statements;
- Enter AI statements and transactions daily; Reconcile transactions weekly to ensure integrity (accuracy and completeness) of AI database; Research and resolve discrepancies on a timely basis;
- Assist in annual audit preparation, including review and filing of audited financial statements and K-1’s;
- Assist in processing new AI holdings, including scanning, faxing and following up on subscription documents, set up and maintenance of database, files, portals and email folders.
- Maintain AI records - ensure files are complete, well-organized and documented for quick retrieval;
- Maintain Professionally Managed Account benchmark and client information in Portfolio Center;
- Maintain desk procedures and recommended changes as needed;
- Assist with investment managers for other investment administration assignments and projects, as needed
What you have:.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in investment operation, administration or accounting required;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in investment or finance industry;
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Excel spreadsheet and database applications;
- Basic understanding of wide range of investment styles, strategies and security types;
- Experience in investment firm, consulting or advisory firm, or custodian bank.
- Experience in AI accounting, custody or operation strongly preferred;
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working with alternative investments strongly preferred;
- Investment administrator or accounting experience in an advisory firm strongly preferred;
- Aptitude and passion for learning complex, new material and analytic assignments
- Degree in investment, economics, accounting or finance strongly preferred; CFA, CAIA, or CIMA candidates strongly preferred;
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple processes effectively;
- Demonstrated strength in planning and execution of multiple investment administration assignments;
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills to resolve data discrepancies;
- Commitment to excellence and strong attention to details;
- Self-starter with strong ability to analyze, research and resolve problems ;
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, including ability to communicate effectively with senior management, peers and outside fund administrators, including clients and sophisticated investment advisors;
- Strong, collegial team player.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018