Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Join a team of technical professionals supporting large-scale z/OS and z/VM system platforms running the most current system software and hardware.
This position requires an experienced systems programmer with at least 10 years of experience supporting the zOS mainframe environment.
What you’ll do:
- Provide intradepartmental technical consulting for system and program products
- Mentor and train personnel on the z/OS operating system.
- Coordinate maintenance or developmental projects for operating systems or related software to include installations of new software or equipment, modifications or system software fixes.
- Analyze and prepare documentation concerning the adaptation of complex software systems and processes to the mainframe environment.
- Coordinate with users to provide information about system capabilities and to recommend changes in procedures or other solutions to improve efficiency and resolve problems.
- Revise, enhance, update and install vendor supplied system software components to optimize performance of the systems.
- Provide technical assistance and training to all appropriate personnel on hardware/software features associated with the software/product installation, operation and maintenance.
- Diagnose operating system software/hardware failures by reviewing system logs, dumps and other information from users or technical personnel; confer with vendors; identify and/or develop solutions.
- Coordinate with administrative and technical personnel concerning installation and implementation of operating system and related software.
- Ensure the security and integrity of all mainframe systems and data.
- Maintain the GDPS Multi-Target Metro Mirror environment in support of our Disaster Recovery strategy and availability strategy.
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience working with the z/OS Operating System and associated program products
- Broad and deep knowledge of modern enterprise technology and trends
- Ability to be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels
- Must have a collaborative, cooperative and motivational approach to working with peers
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2018