Fort Worth - TX, TX13601F, 13601 North Freeway, 76177
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting a driven, results-oriented Associate – Software Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. We are moving towards a Test Driven development and Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo and Bitbucket. You will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
What you’ll do:
- As a member of the development team you will developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software.
- You will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component-based architecture.
- Work in an environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Collaborate with the team in ongoing product development, including design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities.
What you have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience in writing code fixes and tools to solve problems in C#/.Net and experience in optimizing code for performance, stability, functionality and scalability.
- Experience or previous project assignments with Data Structures and Algorithms (i.e. selecting and implementing an algorithm, using data structures to solve a problem.) Experience creating algorithms that improve a product’s capabilities, speed, efficiency, or reliability.
- Experience with data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals as well as debugging code and submitting the appropriate fix.
- Graduating from a BS/MS program in Spring/Summer 2018.
- Previous tech internships or relevant work experience programming in C#/.Net.
- Experience manipulating code to improve system availability and latency.
- Experience with improving inventing or demonstrating the value of new algorithms that improve a product's capabilities, speed, efficiency and reliability.
- Skill in isolating problems to a database subsystem.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2018