Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advisor Services Strategy and Integration is seeking a senior product manager to be responsible for leading the development and implementation of desktop platform features by collaborating with various partners including compliance, legal, operations, and technology. Individuals in this role must use superior partnering skills as the work requires a coordinated effort with team members and cross-functional business partners. Members of the team who are highly successful demonstrate the ability to think creatively, develop recommendations that are data driven/fact-based, deliver results in a matrixed organization and have the flexibility and maturity to adapt within the fast-paced and changing environment we are facing as a business and organization. This role is for individuals with a bias for action and the ability to overcome obstacles to successfully execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
What you’ll do:
- Translate needs and business objectives into product/platform vision documents and roadmaps for use in setting priorities and guiding the work of the development and product teams.
- Provide thought leadership in the design of new processes/interactions to enhance the overall client experience; partner closely with business partners to develop solutions
- Partner with all business units to ensure organization processes and procedures comply with applicable industry rules and regulations
- Influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the functional and technical aspects of the underlying business processes
- Conceptualize elements of the product vision into specific features/functions and overall client/staff experience needed to deliver benefits and value; ability to translate vision and needs into language and artifacts for use by information technology/engineering teams
- Drive the execution of tactical implementation plans in conjunction with key partners to launch new product features
- Participate in the scrum teams building the solutions to support Advisor Services.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferably 3+ years in product owner role on Agile teams
- Preferably 3-5 years financial services experience, with a focus on process and procedure
- Experience with Pega a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing a strategic future-state vision that is based on a strong understanding of the current state, and a road map for bridging the two
- Demonstrated ability to create unique insight, develop a future vision and build and execute strategic plans across a geographically dispersed organization
- Experience in building partnerships to effectively manage projects in a cross-functional environment, and driving them to successful completion
- Ability to analyze data and information, and apply problem-solving skills to deliver recommendations and drive quickly to results
- Extensive experience with the development and implementation of products involving multiple client segments and offer channels; executing on all aspects of the end to end client experience
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment, with positive attitude and solid work ethic
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Building Collaborate Relationships: Shows an interest in what others have to say; acknowledge their perspectives and ideas.
- Influence: Accurately anticipates the implications of events or decisions for various stakeholders in the organization and plans strategy accordingly.
- Oral Communication: Tailors the content of speech to the level and experience of the audience.
- Fostering Innovative: Proposes new approaches, methods, or technologies.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Product Development-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018