Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Tools Solutions team, part of the Office of the Chief Technology Officer, develops tools, processes, training, and reporting solutions for the application development lifecycle, in support of the Development and QA community within Schwab Technology Services. We are currently offering the opportunity for a Senior Staff Software Systems Engineer to join our team.
What you’ll do:
As a Tools Solutions Organization Client and System Support Team member, you will be responsible for helping with Tools development technology team with evaluation/development /configuration of various tools/applications, Our clients span the entire business but are primarily software developers, business analysts, project managers, and business partner teams that work closely with application development teams across the enterprise. The tools we support are used every day by Schwab’s software development community and include Application Lifecycle Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Agile Planning, Source Code Management, Test, Build, Security, and Process Automation tooling.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Become a subject-matter expert for a wide subset of tools, including the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crowd, Zephyr/ZAPI, HipCHat), GIT, Jenkins, IBM Security products, and other state-of-the-art build/test automation tools.
- Provide hands on customization, integrations, and custom application/script development for various tools to meet client/Product Owner’s needs.
- Provide effective solutions to complex engineering problems
- Evaluate various tools/applications/plug-ins to ensure our customer needs are met correctly.
- Embrace team's development process/methodology, participate fully and provide coaching to less senior engineers where applicable.
- Provide expert setup, configuration, support, troubleshooting, usage guidance, and training to our clients for supported tools.
- Enhance existing/new tools to integrate with continuous delivery systems.
- Take the lead in communicating concisely and effectively with team members, clients and stakeholders on team deliverables, risks and issues.
- Communicate with individuals on application teams including Managers, Developers, Project Managers, and Infrastructure Support in an Agile development environment.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager on understanding the overall direction/scope of various projects and help translate those into JIRA artifacts.
- Periodic rotational on call support.
What you have:
- 5-7 years of experience in software development, tools administration, and/or usage with a desire to provide technical and/or support leadership on a wide variety of industry-leading tools.
- Experience with development operations of continuous integration, automated testing and automation of the dev process.
- Experience in a DevOps / CI / CD oriented environment is must.
- Experience with at least one scripting language: Shell, Bash, Powershell, Perl, Python, Groovy, etc.
- Hands on experience with Windows / Linux and database servers.
- Strong working knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery model environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a desire to share knowledge through creation and refinement of written content
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and prioritization skills with a solid ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication
- Experience with the Atlassian tool stack.
- BA/BS or higher degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with any of the automation and configuration Management tools Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Salt etc.
- Desire to provide excellent client service through strong subject matter expertise, tenacious debugging and problem-solving skills, and a service-focused communication style.
- Desire to solve problems systemically by looking for root causes and identifying ways to reduce support needs of our clients through automation, documentation, and training
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance to less senior team members of the team
- Ability to multi-task with numerous activities running concurrently
- Highly curious nature and willingness to learn through multiple methods, including independent research and self-study
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 14, 2018