Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Managing Director of the Enterprise Application and Data Protection (EADP) Program Execution will be responsible for aligning organizational strategy, roadmaps, and efforts to ensure timely communication and delivery of commitments and outcomes. This role will be responsible for supporting the Vice President of EADP in the efficient and effective operations of the Organization including a focus toward progressing and maturing Schwab’s security capabilities and projects spanning infrastructure, data, cloud and application protection. Ensuring that controls and capabilities are validated, driving proactive security innovation and identifying and remediating risks in a timely manner. S/he will manage our operational initiatives focusing on defining metrics that drive the right behaviors, data quality, data definition and process improvement. The MD will also make recommendations regarding these key metrics, security technology and operational processes to make improvements and ensure the EADP team is executing the strategy fully.
Information Security is seen as a strategic partner to the business, and in this role you will establish cross collaborative relationships with security and technology leaders, business partners and key partners across Schwab Technology Services (STS). This will include active partnership with STS leaders, Information Security Risk Management, Human Resources, Finance, Operations and others. The individual will lead coordinated efforts with team members and cross-functional partners. This role is for someone with strong organizational skills and the ability to overcome obstacles to successfully execute on multiple projects and efforts simultaneously.
What you’ll do:
The MD will analyze operational data, provide insight to senior SCS leadership and help ensure EADP is operating with excellence. The MD will work with highly confidential data to understand what activities are driving the majority of our team’s workload, where improvements may be made and how best to work with teams to make those changes. Provide oversight and direction for planning and operating of administrative, operational and financial areas of the department including goal management, security program objectives, project execution tracking, budgeting, staffing, vendor management coordination and location plan strategies. Manage and provide oversight of priority programs and projects; ensuring the full range of data and reporting information to drive efficient decision making. You will partner and consult on new EADP initiatives with cross functional teams to ensure all tools and capabilities are tuned, automated and delivering value and risk prevention.
- Provide thought leadership and act as a proxy to address critical issues having business or departmental impact.
- Drive effective and efficient delivery of departmental goals.
- Manage priority program and project outcomes.
- Assist in the development, and manage the execution of the program’s strategic vision and roadmap.
- Develop key data and reporting information that results in efficient decision making.
- Oversee the creation and management of departmental budgets.
- Orchestrate all daily activities within the program and oversee the governance of its processes.
- Develop plans with executive management and technical resources to enhance the current Program and processes.
- Research new threats, attack vectors and risk.
- Compliance Reporting
- Manage the EADP audit portfolio ensuring engagement, communications, tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting meaningful metrics to leadership.
- Evaluate the program effectiveness to maintain at or below accepted risk appetite.
- Review and recommend security technologies and techniques.
- Develop and deliver communications to senior management regarding strategic security risks and threats.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (MS preferred) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a technical information security assessment or architecture role.
- 8+ years technical operations providing system/platform support.
- 12 years + of experience within middle to upper management positions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence understand and balance differing needs and objectives.
- Ability to take a vision and develop a detailed plan to accomplish the vision.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to develop, manage and execute projects simultaneously and independently, including cross-functional projects.
- Deliver positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a passion for learning and teaching, a desire to train and mentor.
- CISSP, CISM, and/or other information security related certifications.
- Experience with Kanban/Scrum methodology.
- Experience in developing security architecture solutions; especially design patterns and prescriptive architecture recommendations.
- Knowledge of configuration and patch compliance for windows, nix based systems and custom appliances.
- Knowledge of elements of information technology stack ( i.e. network, operating system, sub-system, display/application) and inter-relationships between the various functional components.
- Extensive knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Disciplined: Highly disciplined in how resources are used; designs and champions ideas to drive efficiency
Exceptional Communicator: Communicates clearly, authentically, and persuasively
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 30, 2018