Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Lindsay Erica Peterson
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Sales & Service Enablement plays a critical role supporting initiatives from strategy development to ongoing business operations. We provide support for the Investor Services (IS) field channels through people, process and technology improvements. A key function within the Sales & Service Enablement organization is the Initiative Engagement Team. The Initiative Engagement Team supports cross-field channel initiatives, providing project and change management leadership, enabling the field to embrace the changes and better serve the client. The Managing Director will report to the Vice President of the Initiative Engagement Team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team who specializes in project planning and implementation and change management for initiatives in Investor Services supporting the Branch Network, Client Service & Support, and Global Trading & Advice.
- Coach and develop team members on project and change management skill sets as well as behavioral skills including influencing, communications, and relationship management.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within multiple areas of Schwab, creating an environment where your team is sought out to provide input and solutions to maximize initiative outcomes.
- Effectively engage with partners across the firm to explain the value of our organization and gain agreement on the best way to work together to achieve the right outcomes.
- Proactively represent the needs and perspectives of the IS Field Organizations, and communicates with leaders to provide updates and support for their organizations.
- Understand the upcoming needs of the business and the current/future capacity of the team, and develop plans to effectively execute on priorities.
- Provide input and recommendations on deployment strategies, ensuring the field’s needs are elevated and solutions to support those needs are implemented.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred)
- Series 7, 63 (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years in the securities or financial services industry or experience leading a team responsible for executing business programs/projects
- Demonstrated ability to influence, engage and build consensus with executives, peers and front line employees
- Recognized leader with a proven track record of high performance
- Strong field and client focus (internal and external), an understanding of client needs and workflow, and an ability to communicate these needs to internal partners
- Demonstrated success with leading and coaching people
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, as well as keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Holds self and others accountable to the highest standards of teamwork, collaboration, and production
- Strong time management and organization skills required to handle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Highly comfortable with ambiguity and effective in leading change
- Strong business acumen, including understanding of branch business model and knowledge of the branch network
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||Project Management-2-5 yrs, Product Development-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Westlake|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 12, 2018 Apply Here