Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Software Security Applications Architects thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing capabilities that help Schwab protect its own assets and reputation as well as its clients. The Schwab Cybersecurity Services team is looking for a software engineer/architect with a strong desire to learn and leap into the cybersecurity career path to architect, design, develop, build, evolve and run an overall application security program and capabilities that positively impact our clients and those who serve our clients. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. We are looking for a strong development engineer who has a strong passion and drive to learn and integrate security practices into the Security Software Development Lifecycle. The ability to deliver innovative, secure, and reliable solutions are keys to success in this role. Our Software Security Applications Architects are driven to learn, grow and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership in defining secure coding practices for C#, Java, microservices, non-functional requirements and security user-stories while leveraging both manual and code scanning tools for security code audits.
- Develop and sustain a security operating model for all internally-developed (including cloud) applications that emphasizes the role of security functions “shift left” in the SDLC.
- Lead and participate in development and implementation of application security architecture guidance, principles and standards.
- Provide security consulting including design, reviews, and recommendations for projects and initiatives.
- Help to effect positive changes in Secure DevOps for improving security controls
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors facing Internet facing systems.
- Lead and leverage current and evolving technologies to enable automation and efficiency of application security processes - design, code, test, log, debug, document, and analyze current and future applications and integrations.
- Collaborate with business contacts to ensure 3rd party applications comply with our policies and principles.
- Work with and influence business contacts in regards to technology controls, risk mitigation techniques related to application layer security.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff members.
- Act as security champion and partner across Schwab Technology and Business groups.
What you have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience desired
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 5+ years leveraging object oriented languages such as C#, Java, and/or C++
- Demonstrated experience designing, creating, testing, and consuming REST APIs with a focus on security and performance.
- Subject matter expertise in application security
- Strong familiarity with OWASP Top 10 and prevention/remediation techniques
- Static & dynamic security scanning concepts and tooling
- Ability to develop tests and effectively automate test execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fully support security maturity in all phases of the SDLC
- Requirements review
- Translating requirements into a Design
- Design implementation
- All aspects of testing
- Production implementation and support
- Data analysis
- Participation in review and governance activities
- Hunger to learn and an intense technical curiosity
- Critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Tenacity and persistence
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
Talent Magnet: Seeks out and attracts strong internal and external talent
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
Challenger: Takes risks when the opportunity warrants it and the potential downside is understood; is no disheartened by failure but uses it as an opportunity to learn
Emotionally Mature: Demonstrates strong self-awareness and ability to adjust to the emotion & drive of others; embraces others’ perspectives and recognizes limits of own point of view
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 30, 2018