Phoenix - AZ, PHX8040, 8040 South 48th Street, 85044
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Charles Schwab Corporation Internal Audit Department (IAD) provides independent, objective assurance services to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management activities and internal controls. The results of internal audits are reported to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and are subject to external regulatory examinations.
The Internal Audit Senior - Technology Infrastructure is primarily responsible for audit activities over the firm’s information technology operations and cybersecurity program. This position has responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firm’s operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
What you’ll do:
- Support a team of internal professionals ensuring audit work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and the IAD policies and procedures.
- Liaise with first and second lines of defense to ensure on-going communication and coordination.
- Develop and execute audit tests of key information technology operations and cybersecurity activities.
- Work with audit team members to appropriately scope and execute testing focused on the most meaningful and relevant risks.
- Document and review key internal audit work papers, including planning and reporting documents, risk and control matrix, and audit leadsheets, to ensure clear identification and communication of risks and issues prior to presentation to senior management.
- Address issues during the internal audit process by gathering facts, developing potential solutions, determining the best solutions, and implementing an action plan to solve the problem.
- Provide proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses and regulatory compliance issues.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on all significant observations noted in the report.
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to IAD senior management.
- Promote the increased use of data analytics techniques to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies.
What you have:
- 3 to 5 years of information technology audit experience. Financial services and/or Big 4 Accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience performing internal audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge and experience in control theory and professional auditing practices.
- Professional certification (CISA, CISSP, CIA or equivalent) preferred.
- Understanding of business technologies and its impact to control practices.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Leverages relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support.
- Ability to travel - up to 20%.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||Certified Information Systems Auditor - CISA, Certified Internal Auditor - CIA, Certified Public Accountant - CPA, Certified Information Systems Security Professional - CISSP
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Internal Audit, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018