Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. CVM provides strategic sourcing support; identifies, mitigates, monitors, and manages vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
Corporate Vendor Management has an opportunity to further develop category management and strategic sourcing capabilities in the Professional Services spend category. This growing portfolio of vendors has approximately $300 million in annual contract value spanning IT labor services, non-IT consulting resources, advisory services as well as other onshore providers.
What you’ll do:
The Sourcing Manager, Professional Services plays an essential role within Corporate Vendor Management by providing internal business partners with category management leadership, planning and expertise.
This position will be responsible for fostering strong relationships with senior Schwab stakeholders; developing, maintaining and executing Professional Services category sourcing plans; managing all aspects of the strategic sourcing lifecycle; as well as collaborating with risk groups and legal, as required, on vendor engagements. The Sourcing Manager will also ensure that industry-leading procurement tools are utilized to support growth relationships for our suppliers and business partners. The Sourcing Manager position will not manage people; it is an individual contributor role.
The Sourcing Manager will lead the review, analysis, and negotiation of strategic Professional Services sourcing projects, identify competitive vendors or other alternatives to generate leverage, and drive favorable terms and conditions.
- Develop and align a category strategy to deliver outcomes in support of business strategy
- Gather business and technical requirements and produce necessary documentation in support of RFx events. Develop internal presentations and business cases to support management approvals of single and multi-year vendor agreements.
- Review and manage ad hoc requests requiring special risk and legal reviews.
- Provide economic analysis of vendor proposals and various internal management inquiries for existing or potential vendor expenditures. Identify and document both internal and external risks associated with HR transactions.
- Work with internal stakeholders to determine risks and dependencies.
- Work with Finance, Legal, Risk and other subject matter experts within Schwab to ensure that that policies and procedures are followed and met.
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in Professional Services category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, vendor management, risk management and / or procurement (required)
- Self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contract law and risk requirements
- Expertise in sourcing policy, procedures and processes
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams and build category management plans that maximize value and mitigate risks while ensuring internal stakeholders’ requirements are met
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners and internal / external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable in handling/implementing change and understands how change will impact the team, internal Business Partners and vendors
- Ability to apply change management and consulting skills / knowledge and expertise
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Excel (required) and experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and / or Access is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 12, 2018