Phoenix - AZ, PHX8040, 8040 South 48th Street, 85044
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Profitability Analysis team develops and maintains the models that measure Schwab’s profitability. Working with enterprise business partners, finance support teams, as well as onshore and offshore technical resources, the PA team uses activity-based costing methodologies to provide a fully-loaded view of profitability by client segment, investment vehicle, and delivery channel.
What you’ll do:
The central responsibility of the Enterprise-wide Programmer/Analyst is to assist in the creation centralized reporting and analytical solutions across Finance, working closely with business partners to understand and analyze current data reporting and analysis needs. This position will also assist in the creation of data and financial models to help Schwab understand profitability through various lenses including business segment, client deliver channel, and investment vehicle composition. This position will play a role in improving the quality and depth of profitability-related data by working actively with Profitability Analysis, Technical Support, and Analytics & Business Insight (ABI) groups. This position functions as a data analyst, business analyst, and data consultant.
The successful candidate will be able to understand data in the Profitability Analysis system and other platforms, with a business perspective. It is also important to understand profitability data and the implications from a client perspective. As this role provides support to Profitability Analysis, Technical Support teams, as well as other Enterprise Finance teams, the ability to communicate effectively and deal with a wide range of individuals is a must – from end users of the data to the technical staff in Schwab Technology and at various levels in the organization.
The candidate will also be responsible for understanding the requirements from business partners and prepare business requirements for the technical support team. In addition, it is expected that the candidate will be able to lead initiatives in various development projects. The candidate must be comfortable in facilitating groups and influencing individuals across a range of tenures and working styles. A healthy balance between being an articulate advocate and an objective critic, along with attention to detail while maintaining the bigger picture is essential. The candidate must be a self-motivated and results-oriented individual.
What you have:
- 7+ years of experience in data analysis using query tools and 2+ years (or equivalent)experience in financial industry preferred
- Knowledge/working experience with SQL (Teradata a plus)
- Ability to gather business requirements and translate to technical specifications
- Manage projects and resources to meet deadlines and schedules with competing priorities
- Perform database analysis and data extracts to support business initiative
- Demonstrate positive/team player attitude with strong self-starting initiative
- Solve data problems and proactively identify emerging issues
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Business Objects.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate important information to all levels of management.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a diverse group of business partners.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018