Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Technology Services (STS) is responsible for Schwab's development and use of information technology, including all client and business, telecommunications, management and operations technologies. Our work supports and spans every line of business within Schwab. From our web site to wireless, call centers to branches, STS demonstrates leadership through innovative solutions and superior technology that provide our clients with world-class service.
What you’ll do:
The Cloud Principal Architect will act as a lead and coordinate the creation of strategy and execution planning across many Schwab technology and executive leadership teams. This role will work closely and collaboratively with a team of architects and senior engineers identifying and creating solutions within a broad variety of enterprise computing infrastructures and application scenarios. This includes both and public and private Cloud computing technologies use cases. In this role you will conduct evaluations of technology, tools, products, vendors and solutions making data and business outcome based design decisions from technical and economic perspectives, and then communicate and drive then implementation of these plans.
Additional responsibilities include defining guidelines and recommendations based on leading industry practices tailored to the client’s needs and the infrastructure and application interface. Holding the responsibility for defining the technical strategy for the system, its patterns, products and applications; work closely with all stakeholders to validate technology decisions that support product capabilities now and for the future; and guide it successfully through its execution. Working as an Infrastructure Technology Architect you will lead IT transformation initiatives, systems optimization projects and provide direct influence on technology strategy and direction for the technology service organization.
What you have:
- Demonstrable industry leading experience implementing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS workloads in public, private and hybrid cloud deployment models.
- Extensive experience working with Cloud technologies and strategies including transformation planning and execution. Private cloud solutions leveraging Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Infrastructure as Code and Public Cloud Technologies for Amazon, Azure and Google.
- Deep understanding of several Infrastructure and Platform Automation technology products such as VMware vRealize Suite, HashiCorp Suite, SaltStack, Puppet, Ansible, and Chef technologies.
- Experience successfully delivering cloud based solutions on Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Essential knowledge and experience with core infrastructure technologies including: Networking, Servers, Storage, Operating Systems (Windows Server and Linux), Virtualization, Databases and related technologies. Certification a plus. Preference for industry board and standard committee membership.
- Significant experience with IT Strategy and Technology Service Management.
- Strong leadership abilities to work both within the technology organization and with external business partners and consumers to achieve and measure IT business objectives.
- Collaborative and highly adaptable working style; strong communication skills; polish and poise when presenting.
- Experience working with standard multi-tier platform architectures .NET, Java, RDBMS, and file and object based architectures.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of industry technology standards, compliance activities and experience working with audit and regulatory bodies.
- Skilled in working with multiple vendors and business groups and ability to lead large efforts with many stakeholder groups through Proof of Concept and through development into Production implementations.
- Extensive process management creation and maturity experience within a Service Management organization primarily with an AGILE driven methodology.
- Extensive ROI and Business Case development experience – the experience necessary to be able to confidently predict and forecast possible outcomes.
- Desired experience working with in financial services or other highly regulated industries.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018