Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Operations provides operational support for all Schwab enterprises including, but not limited to, Advisor Services, Investor Services and Schwab’s International business. Schwab Operations supports external and internal clients, Branch Financial Consultants and Independent Investment Advisors to fulfill our purpose of championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We inspire client loyalty by creating and delivering a world-class operational support experience while also focusing on employee loyalty and team collaboration.
The Middle Office Services Platform Strategy and Support team is responsible for facilitating the modernization and maintaining the viability of Schwab systems that support account open and maintenance, client onboarding, transfer of assets, cashiering and fraud prevention. The team leverages its business and technical expertise in partnership with technology and business stakeholders to implement a strategic vision for the platform including participation in design, requirements development, prioritization, development, testing and certification activities. The System Business Analyst plays a critical role in realization of the platform vision with focus on individual systems.
This System Business Analyst role will serve as the Product Owner for one of the Operations Platform Utilities. Operations Platform Utilities are technology components that enable enterprise operational capabilities for consumers across multiple functional areas within the company. The Utility work is a key component for several high-profile initiatives within the company, including the Digital Accelerator.
What you’ll do:
- Develop expert ‘As Is’ knowledge of platform systems and help define ‘To Be’ system solutions and flows
- Partner with cross-functional business and technology teams to create process models and user epics/stories and/or initial use case survey/use cases
- Identify and define attributes, data elements, services and features required to support core middle office functions
- Conduct requirement-elicitation meetings with users, developers, system design architects, system integrators and vendors; understanding the context of critical stakeholder needs, pain points and business impact
- Serve as the primary contact between our business partners and IT to ensure that business requirements are well-documented and transformed into conceptual technical solutions that support business strategies
- Solicit, document and manage business requirements and working knowledge of wireframes
- Create user acceptance and regression test plans (and/or test cases)
- Facilitate and drive issues resolution and retrospectives between stakeholders
- Provide thought-leadership on vision, roadmap for system development
- Perform planning and scoping several inter-related initiatives and helping senior-level business stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to tackle and how
- Handle complex, high profile projects (across multiple domains, systems and stakeholders);
- Coordinate and oversee the work of other BAs as it relates to a specific projects
- Learn all middle office services business processes and system flows at a high level, and some flows in extreme detail
- Understand both business and technical dependencies between business areas and within systems that support or may be impacted by middle office functionality; upstream as well as downstream
- Support business implementation process for new and/or enhanced system features
- Assist with training and support to frontline staff as appropriate
- Adapt to changing priorities and managing of multiple tasks
What you have:
- Proven experience managing requirements for multiple large, complex and cross functional projects. Emphasis on systems, technologies, business process redesign, and knowledge of technical environments
- Strategic mindset to help drive product management decisions, governance, and long-term vision
- Proven ability to write business requirements, including user stories, use case development and work flow documentation
- Proven experience in software development methodology (Agile & RUP), preferred
- Strong orientation to clients, including ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to product enhancements, online user experience, and communication content (internal and external)
- Passion for the user experience and the ability to see things from a user perspective
- Ability to analyze and communicate technology recommendations to business stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business
- High attention to detail and the ability to see things through from concept to implementation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to align and unify ALL stakeholders to a shared vision and a common focus; including senior leaders
- Confidence in presenting both strategic and tactical vision to the team and management for both big-picture planning and day-to-day management of project goal
- Product and project management skills. Business judgment, including ability to balance resources, evaluate and address risks, and concisely articulate where trade-off decisions are to be made
- Ability and desire to effectively and efficiently work in a collaborative team environment
- Securities Industry/Operational background preferred
- Prior working knowledge of JIRA or any related Scrum tools preferred
- Competence in Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
*This position can be hired as a Systems Business Analyst (Grade Level 56) or a Senior Systems Business Analyst (Grade Level 58) depending on skills, experience and education.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, May 13, 2018