San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Keith Andrew Vogel
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Support Organizations Finance team provides financial analysis and business decision support for Schwab’s Legal/Compliance, Audit and Finance enterprises. The team’s objectives are to help business partners drive operational leverage and maximize profitability through rigorous analysis to support strategic decision making and planning, understand business trends, and communicate segment performance.
This role provides a terrific opportunity for a seasoned Finance professional to work with leaders and managers in the heart of Schwab's largest organization. The Managing Director of Finance plays a critical role as part of the Enterprise Finance team through providing financial oversight and decision support for Schwab’s Legal/Compliance, Audit and Finance organizations. This position will have a significant role in working with senior executives and line management to shape important strategic initiatives that directly affect our current and future client populations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 2 individuals, and interact directly with leadership of the Legal, Corporate Risk Management, Audit and Finance’s organization as well as Finance professionals throughout the company
- Develop client analytics and reporting that will inform important business investment and resource allocation decisions
- Partner with senior management to develop annual operating plans and financial forecasts
- Oversee/supervise the monthly close process and other reporting
- Drive critical analysis to support key business endeavors for the division and for the firm
- Assess the financial impact of new business initiatives, strategic initiatives, and project investments
- Perform ad hoc analysis related to understanding business trends, business performance, and product performance
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience in Finance, demonstrating progression into increasingly complex roles.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to manage competing priorities and work independently in a challenging and fast-moving environment.
- Significant financial planning and business consulting experience is important. Experience with brokerage operations and trading activities is a plus.
- Must have excellent analytic and interpersonal communications skills and demonstrated success in working with senior business partners.
- Ability to drive strong engagement among team members and colleagues is essential.
- Effective use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint applications is required; data querying and acquisition skills strongly preferred
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree strongly preferred
- Ability to logically structure analytical problems and use critical reasoning skills to evaluate financial opportunities/issues
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a number of time sensitive tasks
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018