Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our Schwab Cybersecurity Services team is looking for a Sr. Analyst to support our growing Threat Management program. This position will help oversee, define, and implement the Threat Management portion of our Cyber Risk strategy at Charles Schwab. You will work with a cross-functional team in the creation and execution of strategic plans to enhance our capabilities and help build and implement security controls, processes and technologies to collect, monitor, identify and respond to threats from external and internal actors.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in developing standards, playbooks, processes, architecture documents, etc. for the collection and monitoring of threat information against high-risk assets.. You will apply these standards and requirements into our program and help implement and run technologies within our Threat Management team.
- Experience working with all levels of leadership, both within Information Security groups and with external Business Units,
- Experience working with teams involved with Vulnerability Risk Management, network security, network monitoring, application security and security operations centers.
- Ability to help develop dashboards and reports that depict high-risk threats against company assets.
- Ability to effectively communicate and oversee expedited security remediation requirements to appropriate teams.
- Assist in the creation of processes and playbooks to inform security operations teams, business units and other stakeholders of threat events that occur against company assets.
- The Sr. Analyst will serve as a individual contributor and report into the Senior Manager of Threat Management and Monitoring.
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ overall experience in Information Security and Technology (including network, mainframe, and host security) with expertise in the areas of threat intelligence, incident response, and vulnerability management.
- Proven background in building effective process to reduce risk.
- Knowledge of security threat landscape and overseeing expedited threat monitoring, and response processes
- Knowledge of how to use technologies and intelligences sources to stay on top of changes to emerging threats based on intelligence feeds and reporting against high risk assets.
- Knowledge and background in creating project plans and delivering on milestones and ability to notify senior management of project risks in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate threat information in business terms, across all levels of the organization
- The following qualifications are preferred;
- An understanding of information security frameworks, standards and industry documentation (e.g., ISO27002, NIST 800-53, COBIT, OWASP, SANS Top 20).
- An understanding of relevant information security regulations (e.g., SOX, PCI, Financial regulations, HIPAA, GLBA, NACHA, Data Privacy).
- CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, SANS GIAC, or equivalent certifications.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Disciplined: Highly discipline in how resources are used; designs and champions ideas to drive efficiency
Exceptional Communications: Communicates clearly, authentically and persuasively
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility, and urgency
Collaborative: Capitalizes on the diverse experience and expertise of colleagues and builds commitment around vision and priorities
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 30, 2018