Austin - TX, AUSTIND, 12301 Research Blvd, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services, a B2B division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms. It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves approximately 7,500 registered independent advisor businesses (RIAs). Our RIA clients manage over $1 trillion of assets in over 3 million accounts at Schwab.
For nearly 30 years, Schwab has provided powerful portfolio data-management and reporting solutions to RIAs. Portfolio Connect is our new portfolio management platform under development, designed to provide advisors with easy access to rich data and insights on their clients and business.
We are looking for a results-oriented product leader with a strong track record of building and developing high-performing teams to accelerate delivery of Portfolio Connect. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading a dynamic organization in a fast-paced, agile environment and must be capable of influencing across the enterprise, partnering with Technology stakeholders to drive product direction, and delivering a high-quality product to market.
What you’ll do:
The Director in this role will lead product management activities for Portfolio Connect, with the primary goal of accelerating delivery to market.
Key responsibilities of the Managing Director, Portfolio Connect Product Management:
- Lead the product design and execution of Portfolio Connect features, with goal to deliver the product to market as aggressively as possible. This Director will own several work streams alongside another Managing Director. Initial areas of responsibility will include:
- Historical data migration for advisors switching to Portfolio Connect from another system
- Integration of data from other financial service providers outside Schwab
- Expansion of the system to be used for Schwab’s own advised product offers
- Recruit, lead, coach, and inspire a team of seasoned product managers.
- Interact with the business leaders across Schwab. This role requires significant cross-organization leadership and management to understand business needs and ensure product success.
- Drives stakeholder and organizational alignment and agreement on product priorities, business strategy, trade-off decisions and investment. Provides critical business direction, guidance and decisions to product development and delivery teams.
- Evaluates the strategic, tactical and risk management impacts of alternative trade-off decisions in the context of our product vision, goals and strategy, proposing sound, well-supported, fact-based recommendations to leadership.
- Frequently represent product to senior leaders, clients, and business partners.
- Works with business partners within and outside the team to design and execute programs and campaigns that drive client loyalty and product adoption. Leads the collection, development and analysis of business intelligence, including client feedback, market research, competitive information and business metrics to identify trends, develop actionable business insights and spot opportunities for the organization.
- Stays abreast of new and emerging advisor best practices and technologies and assesses their applicability to Advisor Services.
- This position will work closely with cross-functional partners within Advisor Services to help define, manage and execute a technology platform strategy that distinguishes Schwab’s offering in the marketplace, improving our competitive position and enabling Advisor Services to attract and better serve firms. Ideal candidate will have a strong blend of technology product management, business development and project management experience as well as an understanding of, and/or prior experience with financial advisors.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree required. Post graduate degree is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience providing end-to-end business direction and product leadership for technology solutions in the financial services industry.
- 3+ years’ experience people management; proven track record of building and inspiring high-performing teams.
- Highly developed communication and presentations skills with a superior ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts and issues to leadership teams in a highly compelling, persuasive, fact-based manner.
- Highly skilled at working cross functionally with technology, service, marketing and product teams to create, implement and evolve our in-market solutions offering tangible, measureable business results.
- Ability to fluidly navigate from strategic to tactical assignments, highly developed multi-tasking skills, ability to produce high quality results while meeting tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Exceptional analytical, organization and business planning skills, including a highly developed ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into key insights and business process improvement opportunities.
- Outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Well-developed ability to independently analyze a challenge or problem, identify viable alternatives and recommend solutions to Leadership. Highly results-oriented with a strong sense of forward-moving urgency to thoroughly address both business issues and opportunities.
- Strong leadership, influencing and relationship-building skills to obtain organization alignment and commitment.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - less than 2 yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Communications-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018