Henderson - NV, NV2360CC, 2360 Corporate Circle, 89074
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 12th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Trust Tax Manager is responsible for the preparation, review, and filing of trust account tax returns, with a focus on all fiduciary responsibilities. The Manager functions both as a subject matter expert on all tax related items as well as the point of contact for all tax related inquiries. This role assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal Bank regulations in the context of her/his responsibilities.
Charles Schwab Bank follows the three lines of defense model of risk governance. The Manager is a first line of defense position for Charles Schwab Bank and assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal Bank regulations in the context of their responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Work with clients, advisors, and trust administrators in answering complex tax questions
- Review trust documents to confirm the tax return type on the trust accounting system
- Perform tax reviews for account closings
- Act as liaison between Ernst & Young and trust administrators to answer tax questions regarding transactional activity in Personal Trust accounts
- Maintain Tax Tracking records
- Ensure all necessary tax returns and extensions are filed by April 15
- Review tax returns as they are prepared by tax preparation vendor and follow-up with any questions or issues
- Review and mail all K-1 and grantor letters to beneficiaries
- Review listings for monies due for tax filings, estimated payments, and extension payments
- Review and process electronic and check tax payments for Personal Trust accounts
- Load trust documents, tax notices, and K-1s into the workflow management system
- File IRS election and registration forms upon request
- Investigate and respond to IRS notices
- Track the receipt of all tax refunds due to trust accounts
- Investigate any discrepancies between refunds expected and refunds received
- Other duties as requested
- This is an individual contributor position
What you have:
- 5 years' experience in fiduciary tax filings, retail banking, or trust operations
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong data & document management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Solid knowledge of bank regulations, policies, and procedures
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- EA (Enrollment Agent) designation preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||NV - Henderson
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 30, 2018