Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Client Tax Reporting (CTR) is dedicated to leading a culture that delivers timely and accurate tax reporting in our efforts to create a premier client experience, while providing a controlled and disciplined environment that allows our employees to feel valued and engaged.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for escheating assets to the States Unclaimed Property Division. Unclaimed property (sometimes referred to as abandoned accounts) refers to accounts in financial institutions and companies that have had no activity generated or contact with the owner for one year or a longer period. This position requires the individual to analyze and interpret statutes to comply with states requirement. This is a fast-paced working environment where effective communication and teamwork makes for a successful outcome.
What you have:
- Experience with State and regulatory guidelines on escheatment
- 2 + years in the financial industry
- Interpreting regulatory guidelines internally and externally while keeping policies and procedures current.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a level of positivity and professionalism
- Proactively address and resolving issues
- Attention to detail is key in being successful in this position Identify and communicate issues effectively in a timely manner to peers and management team
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to work overtime which may include weekends and holidays
- Experience working with equities and mutual funds
- Experience with leading projects, regulatory and audit requirements
- Willingness to accept ownership for the leadership and effectiveness of the organization
- The ability to look for ways to make a difference
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to work in a high risk environment
- Initiative to seek out and build relationships with others who can provide information, intelligence, career support, potential business as well as other forms of support
- The ability to accurately anticipate the implications of events or decisions for various stakeholders in the organization and plan strategy accordingly
- Insight to identify and propose solutions that benefit all parties involved in a situation
- Proven ability to influence people and teams to work cooperative
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Fostering Team Work: Seeks opportunities to work on teams as a means to develop experience and knowledge.
- Fostering Innovation: Develops better, faster, or less expensive ways to do things.
- Forward thinking: Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018