Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Privacy Program: The Charles Schwab Corporation (the “Firm”) is committed to promoting a strong culture of respect for clients’ privacy choices and the highest ethical standards in the collection, use and sharing of client information. The Corporate Privacy Program oversees the creation, development, and maintenance of privacy strategy and policies, ensuring that standards are understood and maintained throughout the organization and at each stage of development of the Firm’s products and services. This is based on the Firm’s affirmative and continuing obligation to respect the privacy of its clients and to protect the security and confidentiality of clients’ and employees’ non-public personal information.
The Global Data Privacy Data Governance Manager works under the supervision of the Corporate Privacy Officer. The Global Data Privacy Data Governance Manager will be a core member of the Privacy Program team assist & contribute to the development and implementation of firm-wide privacy principles, policies, and practices. Work will focus on international privacy issues and compliance related to the firm’s business exposure in the EU, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, and other territories and countries.
What you’ll do:
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Analysis of and guidance around international privacy obligations and compliance
- Participation in the drafting, editing and distribution of privacy notices
- Managing data incidents related to the firm’s international clients
- Development and management of Program metrics
- Development and maintenance of relevant internal training and explanatory material and training
- Privacy impact assessments
- Analysis and guidance related international privacy contractual issues
What you have:
- Knowledge & understanding of relevant financial industry regulations, legislation, and privacy trends with an emphasis on privacy requirements surrounding:
- The Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks
- International privacy laws and regulations
- California Security Breach Information Act (SB 1386)
- Various state breach notification laws
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Possess excellent written, oral communication, and research skills
- Demonstrate an ability to handle and prioritize tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Sharepoint, and HTML
- Ability to understand and mitigate risk
- Adaptable & comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to build strategic cross-organizational relationships
- Strong customer focus, including ability to think in terms of customer experience
- Work under minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, International-less than 2 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, International-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, International-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Legal-6+ yrs, Legal-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018