Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Relationship Solutions Group (RSG) defines the representative experience and oversees the management of Schwab’s electronic channels and internal platforms used by Schwab service representatives and financial consultants. The group is responsible for providing tools, solutions and experiences that enable clients to achieve their financial objectives, while supporting the strategic growth of the firm. The group supports all of Schwab’s business enterprises and works with a wide range of internal stakeholders including technology, sales and service, strategy and marketing.
The Desktop Solutions organization, within RSG, is responsible for the Sales, Service, Advice and Supervision platforms that support the client facing teams that serve Schwab clients. Our mission is to deliver an exceptional representative experience and enable the ability to establish, grow and solidify relationships with our clients.
Schwab has embarked on a major effort to transform the way our reps serve clients – with a focus on significant improvements in efficiency and the client/employee experience across mission-critical processes. The Desktop Solutions Strategy team is at the forefront of this effort, working with our key business partners across the firm to determine and realize optimized processes.
Within Desktop Solutions, the Business Process Management Specialist will lead operationalizing BPM as a core competency within the delivery teams will be at the forefront of designing the future-state rep experience in partnership with business, platform and technology partners. The Senior Manager will be an individual contributor and report into our Colorado-based Managing Director.
What you’ll do:
- Lead optimization and improvement initiatives across core client-facing rep processes to achieve efficiency while simultaneously improving the client experience.
- Serve as expert in process transformation/optimization/improvement methods and tools
- Collaboratively challenge cross enterprise process owners, channel owners, oversight, legal, compliance, and other stakeholders to innovate “future state” solutions utilizing the power of the client-facing rep platforms
- Partner with the business in creating fact-based business cases that support process re-engineering efforts through a defined and measurable a value-driven roadmap
- Ensure that “future state” designs are realized and redesign goals are met, by partnering with technology teams in the tactical delivery of the solution
- Coach/advise Sr Leaders on their roles, behavior expectations and change opportunities to enable transformational change across the firm
- Drive the definition, requirements, and adoption of process performance metrics & action reports to enable ongoing process management & improvement
- Proactively work with broader team to highlight opportunities for process or technology improvements and to prioritize the best opportunities for re-design and automation
What you have:
- 8+ years’ work experience in process redesign required, preferably with a consulting firm or within the financial services industry.
- Expertise in Lean or other process optimization/innovation frameworks (certification desired).
- Extensive experience with and demonstrated value delivery using process redesign/improvement tools
- Strong familiarity with utilizing CRM platforms (such as Salesforce) to automate processes & workflows
- Superior analytical capabilities and attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects/work streams concurrently.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences.
- Strong influencing skills; demonstrated success in building credibility with peers and key stakeholders (typically at a Director and VP level) to drive action.
- Strong and demonstrated teamwork abilities across a large, matrixed organization; including experience in stand-up facilitation to enable multi-discipline, multi-level teams to deliver results
- Experience in driving major change, serving as the champion for new ways of doing things and effectively supporting those impacted in moving to the “future state.”
- Prior experience in financial services including experience with financial markets, products and back office operations preferred.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferable
- Bachelors degree required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, May 11, 2018