Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The HR Direct group is seeking an Associate who can demonstrate energy, empathy, and problem-solving skills while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients (current and former Schwab employees, and vendors) via phone and Help Engine tickets. This is an individual contributor role that reports to Senior Team Manager, HR Direct.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate passion for service; strong client-focus and the desire to build relationships during each interaction.
- Use a consultative approach (i.e. needs-based) with our client regarding a variety of topics (e.g. payroll, benefits, policies/procedures, and company programs).
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to effectively communicate HR Policies/Programs; effective communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to listen and explain complex subjects.
- Ability to build quality, long-term relationships with our clients, HR Direct team members, and business partners that lead toward effective collaboration and seamless service.
- Drive for results while working independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Able to meet or exceed departmental call metric objectives and service level standards.
- Established technical skills with the ability to easily utilize multiple applications simultaneously.
- Proficient in utilizing computer applications for communicating, gathering, and tracking information (e.g. Workday, Help Engine, Authoria, eTimesheets, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.).
- Responsible for HR administrative processes with specific timelines/deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify opportunities for process improvements and communicate to HR Direct leadership.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic with a high level of integrity, responsiveness, and ownership to build trust with our clients and colleagues.
- Receptive and responsive to feedback/coaching, and demonstrate the ability to implement agreed upon action steps that lead toward ongoing skill development and performance.
What you have:
2 years HR experience related to HR practices, policies and procedures (preferred)
Minimum of 1 year client service experience (required)
Intermediate to advanced PC skills including Word and Excel (required)
Ability to navigate through multiple computerized systems at one time (required)
Tremendous flexibility and ability to quickly learn new programs and policies (required)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (required)
Proven problem solving, organizational and analytical skills (required)
Ability to work as part of a team or independently on special projects (required)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Human Resources-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018