Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Elizabeth Therese Wells
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
What you’ll do:
DUTIES: Work as an individual contributor on a team to define and execute both project and release level Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Cases. Coordinate test execution with external vendors. Project/product based testing efforts across multiple applications (including End to End Test efforts). Provide QA perspective, status reporting, and escalate issues to responsible stakeholders, as well as ensure standard, and consistent, QA processes are followed. Work with Product Teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics, and provide project and release status updates. Coordinate with team members for testing activities. Participate in Requirements Ambiguity & Use Case / User Story Reviews. Conduct QA analysis & test support activities. Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and test best practices.
What you have:
Requirements: Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field and 2 years of experience in job offered or related occupation. Alternately, employer will accept Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and 5 years post-baccalaureate, professional, progressive experience in job offered or related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
- 1 year of Quality Assurance experience in the financial/trading services industry;
- 1 year of experience with delivery of highly complex projects including trading platforms, backend reconciliation application changes related to major migrations, and industry wide changes;
- 2 years of experience with web, desktop, and backend applications including: Windows OS, IIS web server, Web services XML, WSDL, and SOAP
- 2 years of experience with Black box and white box testing techniques;
- 1 year of experience Working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors in integration testing, project sync up, releases, and prod support; and
- 2 years of experience with SQL syntax and relational database concepts, including writing SQL queries, database tables, and structures.
OTHER: Job Site: Chicago, IL
Please reference Job ID: A4LMVK and send resume via mail to: 9800 Schwab Way, Lone Tree, CO 80124, Attn: E. Wells. EOE.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018