Richfield - OH, OHRICH, 4150 Kinross Lakes Pkwy, 44286
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Retirement Plan Services, Inc. (SRPS), an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is one of the leading providers of bundled retirement plan services. For mid-to large sized companies, Schwab offers full-service retirement plans featuring complete retirement services from a single source. Schwab’s combined expertise in recordkeeping and related services, investment choice and award-winning participant experience and education (including retirement plan advice) and high-end technology helps employers offer competitive employee benefits.
Within SRPS, the Plan Administration team is responsible ensuring timely and accurate servicing for 1000+ plan sponsor clients and 1.3 million participants. The Document Services team is responsible for administering qualified defined contribution plans, providing document and consulting services for plans converting to SRPS and maintaining documents for clients who utilize an SRPS prepared pre-approved plan document.
What you’ll do:
Commensurate with experience and training, the Specialist will learn to prepare pre-approved plan documents, amendments, Summary Plan Descriptions, Plan Administrative Manuals and Services Agreement Amendments. The Document Specialist may also be responsible for the review and qualification of Domestic Relations Orders for defined contribution plans. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare required notices and correspondence
- Maintain accurate entries within all databases
- Provide assistance to internal departments, participants, alternate payees and client counsel to resolve issues and answer questions
- Work through assigned cases in accordance with service level standards
- Draft legal plan documents such as Plan Amendments, Summary Plan Descriptions, Letters of Instruction, Plan and Services Agreement Amendments
- Participate in project work and reports, as assigned
What you have:
The chosen candidate must have:
- Hands on experience preparing legal plan documents
- Expertise in QDRO rules and requirements of the review and qualification process preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, dependable, efficient and able to work independently
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Aptitude to quickly learn a broad range of skills, processes and subject matter
- Creative thinking skills and a mindset of continuous improvement in service delivery
- Maintain a general working knowledge of ERISA rules applicable to employee retirement plans
- ASPPA, CEBS or Employee Benefits Paralegal designation preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, OH - Richfield
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018