Henderson - NV, NV701NGV, 701 North Green Valley Parkway, 89074
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Retirement Business Services (RBS), a division of Advisor Services, provides trust and custody services that include a broad range of investments, technology, products, and programs that meet the needs of Independent Recordkeeprs, Registered Investment Advisors, Third Party Administrators and the retirement plan participants that they serve.
The Sr. Manager of Business Trust Administration is responsible for a team to provide trust administrative services to trust and custody clients of RBS. The role requires expertise in working in trust environments, in change management, and in financial regulatory matters. The Sr. Manager works with the Manager and Sr. Specialists in the accuracy and efficiency of trust administration including compliance with all Bank policies, as well as with all applicable state and federal banking and other regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the review and processing of all new directed trustee, custody, and collective trust fund accounts to ensure that all accounts are opened in accordance with Bank policies and procedures
- Act as a central source of administrative input and context on business, management and compliance issues associated with trust and custody accounts, collective trust funds and/or IRAs
- Periodically prepare reports and present to Bank Management Committees and other Schwab firm-wide committees
- Provide management and oversight of all regulatory reporting requirements
- Work with state/federal banking regulatory examiners and internal auditors, including advance preparation and coordination of all information between Operations & Risk Control and examiners/auditors during regulatory and internal examinations with respect to the administrative portfolio and with respect trust administration, collective trust funds and IRAs
- Applies a working knowledge of assigned end-to-end processes and both the Schwab Bank Business Trust and, where applicable, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., operating/business environments, since decisions can impact multiple and diverse operations, product lines, and client experiences
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves complex problems related to product lines or functions using general practices and industry precedents to resolve.
- Manages a team of manager(s) and specialists, has direct supervisory responsibilities over a team, and maintains an engaging team approach to all work.
- Manages all aspects of the firm's employee development and full performance management process including hiring, supervising, evaluating, coaching and training team members to meet goals and individual career objectives
- Develops and analyzes procedures to enhance team and/or function-related activities, including ongoing accountability for the accuracy and efficiency of the processes, procedures, and work output.
- Is seen as a subject matter expert and good resource for peers
- Ensures procedures are followed and all regulatory requirements are met
The role requires expertise in working in operations environments, in change management and in financial regulatory matters. The Business Trust Administration Sr. Manager plays a key role in the accuracy and efficiency of trust administration, including compliance with all Bank policies, as well as with all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
What you have:
- 8-10 years of experience providing trust/custody administration or recordkeeping services for retirement plans
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory environment and associated rules governing qualified retirement plans, including ERISA; non-qualified plans; and other employee benefits plans
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to organize and prioritize.
- Excellent working knowledge of software applications including Word, Excel, trading and/or trust accounting systems.
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NV - Henderson
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018