Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Independent Branch Services (IBS) team is responsible for developing and implementing the strategy and design for a branch model that expands Schwab's retail branch footprint through independently owned and managed locations. This broader geographic footprint will help Schwab's high-service, high-value brokerage model reach millions more investors. Having more local points of contact will help Schwab build on our strong national brand, capture a greater share of assets, and come closer to delivering our promise to retail investors.
What you’ll do:
This role will be an initial and integral point of contact for our new Independent Branch Leaders (IBLs), supporting their commitment, transition, and ongoing engagement with Schwab. In addition, you will work closely with the broader IBS team that supports Independent Branch Leaders in franchise growth.
- Providing seamless turnkey branch setup and Independent Branch Leader onboarding experience
- Deliver operational and business support to the Independent Branch network
- Ensure compliance with franchisor timelines, rules and regulations in addition to building processes and owning projects for franchise compliance
- Manage strategic partnerships and collaboration within Schwab
- Execute onboarding, leave of absence, transitions, terminations for the Independent Branch network
- Navigating internal systems and processes to execute on processes within our group
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the Independent Branch community
- Developing and maintaining strong internal relationships with key partners including: Registration, Control Group, Access Mgmt., Corporate Insurance, Technology and NSD, Compliance, Corporate Real Estate, Business Continuity, Corporate Insurance, Background Screening, etc.
- Liaison between branches and Registration to ensure FINRA reporting for branches is current
- Identifying, assessing, and implementing core process improvements
- Taking lead on identifying, assessing, and implementing core process improvements
- Serve as “front door” for all IBS related issues and proposed enhancements
- Respond to inquiries to the Franchise Services email box
- Assist with ad hoc projects to support business needs
What you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in—financial services or project management
- 9/10 preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills with a level of attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify opportunities in processes flows
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office and the aptitude to learn new programs
- Ability to gain the respect, trust, and support of leadership, business partners, and peers
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage concurrent initiatives accurately and timely; Superior multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with limited oversight of day to day responsibilities
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to translate opportunities into actionable solutions
- Full commitment and passion to serving the needs of franchisees, clients, and shareholders
- Ability to work in an environment that deals with highly confidential information
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, May 11, 2018