Fort Worth - TX, TX13601F, 13601 North Freeway, 76177
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab is looking for a Technical Agile Coach to help lead the adoption of Agile software development practices and DevOps principles & practices. The Technical Agile Coach will be responsible for coaching and mentoring agile teams and other technical leaders in the organization with an overall goal of creating a culture of agile software craftsmanship. We are looking for software developers passionate about the craft of delivering high quality software who can help individuals and teams raise their software development skills. This role focuses on technical practices such as pair programming, refactoring, test driven development (TDD), and behavior driven development (BDD) to ensure code is maintainable and easy to change and delights our customers. This role requires expertise in Agile technical practices as well as strong facilitation, mentoring, coaching, training, and organizational transformation skills. You should be comfortable working at all levels of the organization. Technical coaching on DevOps, TDD, and BDD for AppMod and the Digital Accelerator.
What you’ll do:
- Coach teams on Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles and practices
- Coach development teams and Product Owners on writing and splitting vertically slice user stories and writing good BDD specifications
- Mentor and coach development teams on agile engineering practices such as ATDD/BDD, TDD, clean code practices, pair programming, refactoring, collective code ownership.
- Teaches, mentors and participates in mob and pair programming with developers
- Coaches teams to identify code smells and refactoring techniques to remove them
- Helps teams understand how to apply good design practices (SOLID, design patterns) in an emergent evolutionary manner
- Daily pairing and mobbing with teams to adopt code craftsmanship practice
- Guides adoption of whole team testing mindset to lead to highly automated systems
- Assist teams in adoption of continuous integration practices to deliver working tested code providing business value frequently
- Mentor teams and organization on adopting continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) practices
- Guide teams with appropriate framework & tool selection and use to best support testable, maintainable software
- Build, deliver and improve customized Agile technical training
- Help teams create an environment that fosters transparency, learning, innovation, quality and speed
- Mentor and coach individuals and teams in adopting Agile value and principles across all levels within the organization
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science preferred)
- Five + years’ experience working as part of an Agile team in an agile environment
- Deep expertise Agile Software Development practices including Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), or Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Extensive experience mentoring and coaching development teams on agile engineering practices such as ATDD/BDD, TDD, clean code practices, pair programming, refactoring, and simple design.
- Expertise in systems architecture, design, development, and programming in object-oriented, relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with large, small, remote and collocated agile teams
- Passionate about software technology and continually growing your craft by learning new tools and techniques
- Willingness and ability to partner with other Agile Coaches and technical leaders across the organization
- Experience in creating Agile training / workshop material
- Leadership qualities, good judgment, clear communication skills
- Prior development experience in multiple languages/environments using BDD and TDD in multiple, large projects
- Experience mob and pair programming with Agile teams
- Experience teaching and mentoring development teams to effectively create and use test automation
- Help teams design test suites that adhere to the test pyramid
- Knowledge and experience with Agile scaling frameworks (LeSS, Nexus, SAFe)
- Working experience with building applications in support of a microservices architecture
- Experience with building services architecture in the cloud and working with Cloud hosting platforms
- Knowledge of object relational mapping tools and NoSQL databases
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Ft Worth, CO - Denver, CA - San Francisco, TX - Westlake, TX - Southlake
Activation Date: Monday, April 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 26, 2018