San Francisco - CA, BRCAS2, 211 Main Street, 94105
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position will be part of Digital innovation at Schwab, focused on improving the Retirement Journey for our clients. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. The Retirement Journey is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a talented web Front-End developer to join the Retirement Journey team to build customer faced interactive web applications.
- Design, implement, and unit test both frontend and backend application code.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations, and design sessions
- Work with product owner to understand and implement complex business functionality
- Stay current with the newest online technologies; research new technologies and make recommendations on implementations
- Work with other developers/UX designers to review stories and specifications and ensure that teams are meeting the objectives of the business while maintaining technical and architectural standards
What you have:
- Strong CS fundamentals in software design including algorithms, data structures.
- You will need to have exceptional customer focus and ability to work with UX designers and product management to flesh out detailed UI design.
- You will need to deliver solid, secure, performant front-end code and contribute to the design of backend APIs.
- Responsive Design and Single Page Applications (SPA) Application performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Developing against NoSQL systems like MongoDB Web API and RESTful service
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field; or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to solve any issues in the frontend and able to step back and understand the problem and single handedly able to provide creative solutions.
- Familiarity with cloud and web services technologies (esp. JSON, REST, XML, MQTT, pub/sub, etc.).
- Experience with TDD & BDD a plus.
- Knowledge of Web Content Management Systems is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, April 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018