Richfield - OH, OHRICH, 4150 Kinross Lakes Pkwy, 44286
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Charles Schwab Corporation's Institutional Services group meets "business-to-business" needs through Advisor Services, Retirement Plan Services, Corporate Brokerage Services, and Retirement Business Services. The National Business Development group is responsible for new business efforts overseeing Sales Support, Consultant Relations, Business Acceptance, and Sales Presentations & Proposals. The individual selected for the Senior Proposal Writer position will be responsible for the analysis and completion of new business proposals for all related retirement plan products and services.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Knowledgebase Writer will assist with the on-going process to ensure database content remains current and accurately describes our services. The database is a primary source when generating RFP, RFI, Benchmarking requests, etc. received in from prospective clients and consultants. Internal business partners rely on the content and reach out to the team often with general inquiries. A solid understanding of Schwab Retirement Plan Services business strategy and purpose, operational processes, services and products is a must. The Knowledgebase Writer will work closely with subject matter experts across SRPS, sales and other business partners to develop quality responses that represent SRPS’ approach. Key attributes include attention to detail, strong organization skills, and ability to operate within a deadline environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the Knowledgebase Manager to create and sustain an effective management and oversight process for the database.
- Initial clean-up and organization of the database as well as on-going management.
- Ability to identify opportunities to streamline processes in an effort to improve efficiencies.
- Review, maintain and update current written responses housed in the database.
- Partner with sales, business partners and subject matter experts to create and finalize responses for new products and services.
- Participate in continuous improvement and quality control projects to further enhance support of the business development sales process.
What you have:
- 4+ years of relevant financial services experience in retirement plan administration or recordkeeping services; or stock plan administration
- 3+ years of experience in proposal writing and/or business communications preferred
- Proven ability to communicate technical information in a clear manner
- Strong business communication skills in command of the English language including grammar, sentence structure, and proofreading ability
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-demand deadline driven environment
- Familiarity with industry standard proposal management tools (PMAPS, RFP365 Proposal Tech, etc.) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to self-manage project details and work with different organizational levels within the organization
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with demonstrated experience in managing multiple, deadline-driven projects
- Ability to quickly learn and gain in-depth understanding of existing and new products and services
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, OH - Richfield, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, April 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018