San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Valerie Denise Yrigolla
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retail Acquisition Advertising team at Schwab is responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of the Own Your Tomorrow™ paid media advertising campaign. This team oversees the company’s largest marketing investment and manages numerous agency relationships to execute ground breaking marketing campaigns in the financial category – we create and protect the face and voice of Schwab. The team is directly aligned with Schwab’s executive management, fully integrated into all marketing arms at Schwab, client experience/product management, client marketing, pr, branch experience, data mining and analytics and finance.
What you’ll do:
The Advertising Specialist is integral to driving the team’s efficiency and productivity, responsible for managing various administrative duties that are essential to a team managing multiple creative agencies and a significant budget. While the function is very project management/operations, you will be surrounded by creative. We need a left brained person who loves right brained marketing. You are comfortable being the nucleus of a fast-moving, lean team. People love working with you because you are confident, thoughtful, have a bias to action, eager to learn, communicative and attention to detail is your wheelhouse. You know how to manage up and around you and are always up-to-the-minute on project details. You bring a positive, goal-oriented mindset to the job and are committed to delivering best-in-class output.
As the Advertising Specialist your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring timely approval and tracking of job estimates and invoices, coordinating compliance and S24 approval on all advertising materials, assisting with presentation development and execution, tracking of competitive advertising activity and monitoring of Schwab’s social media platforms. In addition to daily administrative responsibilities, the Advertising Specialist will support the team on the frequent ad-hoc requests that are made of this team such as various research projects, thorough competitive analysis and data analysis.
What you have:
- Four-year college degree
- Previous work experience in professional environment
- Advertising agency experience is a plus
- Organizing & Planning - The ability to establish priorities and objectives; to gather, classify, categorize and readily retrieve information to meet deadlines.
- Decision-making - The ability to use sound and logical judgment in coming to a solution of a problem; and the ability to generate alternative solutions.
- Initiative - The ability to take action by oneself without direction from others; to anticipate and develop solutions to problems without the aid of others for assigned projects.
- Flexibility - The ability to maintain constructive behavior in the face of adversity; to manage stress and pressure in working through assigned tasks.
- Oral Communications - The ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate messages to others through oral means; to listen carefully to others.
- Written Communications - The ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate message through written means.
- Project management skills – The ability to project manage an initiative from start to finish. Learns from failures as well as successes.
- Relationship-building – The ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, April 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018