Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) department assists in the assessment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) Compliance and Fraud risk presented to our business and the affirmative commitment to comply with laws and regulations governing money laundering, fraud and other financial crimes. A key objective of the organization is our ongoing commitment to the corporation’s abilities to meet regulatory obligations. Responsibilities of FCRM extend beyond the AML/Fraud program and include the Corporation’s Anti-Bribery and Identity Theft Program, Internal Investigations, and the safeguarding of customer and corporate assets against fraud and other financial crimes.
We are currently seeking a Statistical Analyst who will assist the Director of the Financial Crimes -- Statistical, Technical and Analytics Team in modelling, reviewing, reporting, and testing systems for detecting suspicious activity among Broker/Dealer and Banking transactions.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new, and enhance existing, rules/scenarios for AML packages
- Develop methodologies to monitor various AML outputs on an on-going basis
- Assist in employing artificial intelligence techniques to identify suspicious activity
- Enhance risk scoring models
- Model High Risk accounts from various AML packages
- Assist in the development of tools to perform on-going reporting, modeling, testing, and tracking
- Create written procedures and documentation of various analytic processes
What you have:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD for Oracle, SQL, R, VBA, Python, Teradata, or comparable
- 3+ years of experience in statistical data analysis and modeling preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with technical teams and business partners
- Ability to review, summarize, and analyze data via standard statistical methods as well as to develop new, analytical solutions relative to the specific requirements and datasets of interest
- Experience with artificial intelligence tools for neural network development a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of financial services and/or broker-dealer business operation is helpful
- Self-motivated; willingness to learn additional skills and gain expertise in a wide variety of Compliance areas
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- High degree of autonomy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Monday, April 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, May 20, 2018