Austin - TX, AUSTINB, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Information Technology Operations (ITO) is a key function within Data Center Operations. Our vision is to utilize best practices to transform ITO into a highly agile organization that provides superior customer service, seizes growth opportunities and reacts to the demands of the Business, regulators and competitive pressures. This will allow ITO to increase efficiencies and control costs in order to remain the technology vendor of choice for the Charles Schwab Corporation.
What you’ll do:
This position participates in the technical administration of server systems, as well as being a point of contact for our internal customers and assists with monitoring enterprise wide alerts, as well as performing work within ITO’s incident, problem, and change queues.
What you have:
- Three to five years of experience in a large data center environment (1000+ servers),
- Applies specialized knowledge and understanding of server operating systems as
- normally obtained through years of experience in a large server-based data center environment.
- Specialized knowledge with managing technology in remote environments and working in a 24x7/high availability datacenter environment.
- Experience working with load balancers (GSS, F5) to add or remove specific servers and/or service ports from load balance under supervision of a senior staff member.
- Is comfortable with most aspects of UNIX/Windows Server systems administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- A solid understanding of a UNIX or Windows Server-based operating system; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts ("inode", "superblock").
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS and NIS, can use nslookup or dig to check information in DNS, understands basic routing concepts.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (PowerShell, Bash).
- Use of monitoring system (Managed Objects) to acknowledge, investigate, close, or escalate alerts.
- Use of ticketing system (BMC Remedy) to create, document, escalate, and re-assign tickets.
- Able to perform administrative tasks such as paging out to business partners, transcribing technical conference calls, and answering calls from phone queue.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- May be called upon to assist with an outage and or event to restore services.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Communications/Networking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, April 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2018