Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) Department coordinates the Company’s risk mitigation efforts, and performs an advisory, monitoring, testing, and education role to support management's supervisory responsibility and its efforts to achieve compliance with the financial services industry rules and regulations, and policies of the Company. FCRM, which includes the Corporate Anti-Money Laundering Department (AML) and Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), assists across the firm in the assessment of risk presented to our business units and in the affirmative commitment to comply with all laws and regulations governing the identification and reporting of suspected money laundering activities, as well as activities prohibited by OFAC laws and regulations. The department performs, among other responsibilities, AML transaction monitoring and SAR filing, OFAC screening, as well as advisory and control functions.
What you’ll do:
As a direct report to the Managing Director of FCRM Training and Strategy Team, you will be tasked with assisting in the development and implementation of the BSA/AML/OFAC Department Targeted Training Plan, which is informed by Audit and Regulatory findings, AML Testing observations, AML/OFAC Risk Assessment results, and other factors. The Senior Manager will assist the Training Managing Director to manage all program requirements, including ensuring that targeted training is completed within the prescribed timeframe and confirm that training is properly delivered on an ongoing basis. The role will equire broad subject matter knowledge in BSA/AML, Fraud and OFAC compliance, an ability to think strategically about risk, and an enthusiasm to identify opportunities to enhance training within the department as well as across the enterprise.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the design, development, facilitation, and coordination of employee training and education for Schwab employees.
- Assisting the Managing Director with the firm’s AML training needs assessment process and development of an annual training plan that identifies and tracks targeted AML training completion.
- Managing the professional certification program contracts for ACAMS, ACFCS, and CFE to ensure favorable rates and act as the liaison between the Training Group and our business partners across the wider FCRM space in their membership and certification requests/needs.
- Assisting the Managing Director in the enhancement of the enterprise-wide AML training program by partnering closely with business units and internal departments to develop tailored, specialized and appropriate materials.
- Assisting in the coordination and/or delivery of classroom and web-based training as needed on financial crimes compliance content in conjunction with other Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Developing and implementing a systematic approach to review programs for effectiveness, as well as streamline programs offered, with the overall goal of developing a set of training programs that consistently deliver results aligned with the Department’s strategies and goals. Trainings created and delivered on emerging financial crimes trends and their red flags may include e-learning modules and PowerPoint presentations.
- Monitoring training initiatives, recommending improvements of delivered programs to ensure effectiveness. Coordinates on-the-job training with managers, as needed, providing feedback to mentors.
- Assisting in the execution of the annual regulatory compliance training in conjunction with Financial Crimes Risk Management partners.
- Assisting in the development and deployment of material for the Financial Crimes Awareness Campaign on an annual basis.
- Managing and maintain the Financial Crimes Training internal webpage and email account and respond to training related inquiries in a timely manner.
- Using a high level of professional knowledge, experience and analytical criteria to identify BSA/AML/OFAC training opportunities to reduce compliance risk and ensure that proper controls, procedures, processes are being observed.
- Designing and developing Best Practice guidelines for the expansion of training for standardization.
- Assisting in the development of internal certification/credentialing programs for FCRM colleagues.
- Tracking and reporting of monthly training metrics for senior management.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
and an enthusiasm to identify opportunities to enhance training within the department as well as across the enterprise.
What you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in the financial services industry (banking and/or securities) with awareness of BSA/AML compliance or Risk Management, the current anti-money laundering regulatory landscape and criminal activity relevant to securities businesses such as securities fraud, insider trading, and market manipulation among others
- Bachelor's Degree required MA considered a plus
- Certified AML Specialist (CAMS) and/or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (ACFCS) preferred
- Fraud and Cybersecurity knowledge considered a plus
- Ability to quickly sort through information and develop concise and clear strategies and solutions.
- An ability to understand business line operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team while balancing competing priorities, workload and deadlines.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, April 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018