Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The position is within the AML Compliance Department, part of the Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) organization. The organization assists in the assessment of AML risk presented to our business and the affirmative commitment to comply with laws and regulations governing money laundering activities, those identified under OFAC, as well as other financial crimes. A key objective of the organization is our ongoing commitment to the corporation’s abilities to meet regulatory obligations. Responsibilities of FCRM extend beyond the AML program and include the Corporation’s Anti-Bribery and Identity Theft Program, Internal Investigations, and the safeguarding of customer and corporate assets against Fraud.
We are currently offering the opportunity for dynamic and engaging AML professionals to join our team as AML Monitoring Specialists to analyze and resolve account monitoring alerts generated by our transaction monitoring system through researching Client Central, Web CSR, and other source systems for possible money laundering attempts or other financial crimes, against CS&Co. and Charles Schwab Bank. The AML Monitoring Specialists will be a part of our Colorado AML office while remaining in close partnership with our team members in other locations.
What you’ll do:
- Resolve alerts generated by our transaction monitoring alert system, by reviewing and analyzing account transactions and activities, in order to identify suspicious activity
- Analyze large sets of data, looking for patterns and trends, while maintaining service level agreements (SLA’s) and department productivity goals
- Research account and client-level activity using Schwab internal systems, 3rd party vendor systems (Lexis-Nexis, CLEAR, SBS, etc.), and open source media (LinkedIn, Facebook, internet searches, etc.)
- Leverage relationships and ask questions of Branch, Operations Center, Bank personnel and clients to accumulate additional data
- Resolve alerts related to Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) and complete CTR forms as applicable to meet FINCEN/BSA reporting requirements
- Conduct one-on-one training on alert monitoring to help on-board new members
- Conduct ghosting sessions to demonstrate alert handling processes to help promote partnership with other Schwab business sectors
- Participate in projects surrounding transaction monitoring alert handling
- Provide assistance to help facilitate investigations progress as needed
What you have:
- Working knowledge of AML/OFAC policies and regulatory requirements
- Strong understanding of various banking and/or brokerage products and AML trends and methodologies
- Strong decision making and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to anticipate and respond to management and internal customer needs, and follow through and complete requests on time
- Ability to work well under pressure, demonstrate flexibility, and stay motivated in a repetitive work environment
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in problem solving
- Proficient with MS office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), database management systems, and internet research engines
The following additional qualifications are preferred:
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience in the brokerage, bank, and/or compliance industries
- FINRA Series 99 or 7 registration
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, April 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018