Hong Kong - , HKGLOU, Rooms 602-606, Gloucester Tower, The Landmark,
Keith Andrew Vogel
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position is part of the International Services group, which is primarily responsible for providing access to US investments to individuals and families living outside the United States to meet their financial needs. In this role the Financial Consultant engages with clients with more than $250k of investable assets at Schwab by developing a trusted relationship In this capacity, the Financial Consultants help the firm grow and are responsible for providing exceptional investor experience for walk-ins and clients by providing world class service, education and help with their portfolios. Only limited financial planning and full wealth management is permitted at this time. Financial Consultants focus on developing walk-ins and clients into sources for referrals as well as increasing NAF and advised solutions.
In this role, Financial Consultants provide advice and consultation to our clients to proactively grow and manage an affluent client practice, working with both new and existing clients to determine appropriate service and solutions strategies and deepen relationships.
What you’ll do:
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Wealth Management Planning
- Demonstrate an understanding around how to assess suitability and deliver appropriate portfolio advice as well as incorporate an understanding of local tax, regulations, and policies.
- Foundational experience using analytical skills and applying a wealth management planning based, consultative approach to assess and find appropriate solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Ability to deliver advice as appropriate and jurisdictionally allowed to support practice clients and help them stay on track of their financial goals while adhering to advice policies and guidelines.
- Identify clients' investment objectives and make recommendations based those investment objectives.
- Research and solve customers' investment needs.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of EDGE Relationship Process and begin applying into all client interactions.
- Has good understanding of identification and other requirements for account applications in preparation to be sent to Global Operations
- Maintains good overall knowledge of Schwab products and services including expertise in several moderately complex products and is proficient in collecting all suitability data and making linkage between customer needs and company products both offshore and on.
New Client Acquisition
- Foundational knowledge around developing and executing a local business plan to drive business development and generate new to firm households.
- Ability to generate leads through networks, referrals, external/internal partnerships, as well as events.
- Responsible for proactive outreach to prospective clients with the goal to grow long term relationships.
- Increase branch/brand awareness by participating in community activities, networking and prospecting potential clients and begin to develop relationships with centers of influence.
- Identifies, recommends and delivers investment and educational seminars to prospective customers
- Follow up on internally routed leads.
- Where appropriate, apply a broad range of knowledge, skills, and experiences for servicing clients in allowable advised relationship offers.
- Responsible for driving referrals through leveraging relationships with existing clients and outside Circle of Influence.
Building Client Loyalty
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively execute a consistent client relationship management process that delights clients, drives referrals, and retains clients at Schwab for lifetime.
- Understand how to engage and inspire trust as demonstrated through client retention, CPS feedback, scores, and client feedback.
- Responsible for actively engaging with clients by advising services and solutions that meet their needs and financial goals.
- Drive high client contact activities and touch points to grow and deepen relationships and increase the share of wallet by utilizing the Schwab Relationship Process.
- Understand how to leverage existing relationship resources (i.e. planning tools, etc.) to deepen and retain client relationships.
- Ability to use problem resolution and analytical skills to address client’s concerns. Is able to resolve customer issues of moderate complexity with little assistance. Answers customer inquiries to provide education and resolve customer account issues. If applicable, efficiently passes queries for existing customers to CS&Co global teams.
- Build relationships with key business partners and connect with others across the firm to drive results. Interact with other departments and Global Operations to exchange information, research and resolve problems or complaints and explore and plan opportunities for customers.
- Ability to leverage personal strengths and the professional strengths of the firm in support of maintaining and growing new relationships and overall sales activities.
- Effectively consult with clients through active listening, asking the right questions, resolving conflicts, educating others and counseling clients.
What you have:
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic and a passion for helping clients plan for their financial goals and objectives
- Proven track record in Business development and marketing
- Must have advisory and consultative skills to help establish and retain good client relationships to ensure long-term profitability and client satisfaction
- Using expertise and knowledge of the securities industry and markets, he or she will analyze and interpret client’s investment objectives and provide investment advice suited to meet client’s needs while complying with all pertinent laws, regulations, and company policies
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and approaches for finding appropriate solutions for clients
- Ability to transfer thoughts and express ideas or concepts clearly and accurately
- Ability to build cross functional relationships to achieve results
- Show a genuine interest in staying current on market events and ability to understand the implications for clients
- Ability to uncover and meet the needs and effectively manage client expectations
- Communicate effectively using clear, and concise language
- Demonstrate the ability to understand life event triggers for clients and leverage this ability to consolidate and retain assets. Know when to probe clients for life event triggers and provide financial advice accordingly
- Demonstrate ability to be agile in changing environmental, economic, and client need scenarios. Ability to lead change within self and others positively
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable policies/procedures and applying ethical standards to every business activity in which they engage
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in the conduct of their business activities and professional dealings and to avoid even the appearance of impropriety
- Exhibit strong culture of compliance, adherence to policy and Schwab’s high standards and takes ownership for own conduct regarding regulatory requirements such as money laundering, data privacy, etc.
- Must be well organized and able to effectively manage time effectively
- Bachelor’s degree or similar designation required
- CFA designation preferred
- Active and valid FINRA Series 66 where appropriate, may obtain within 120 days of employment.
- Minimum of four years successful financial services experience working with retail clients, with proven success in providing advice and consultation, managing, developing and expanding client relationships. Typically has 2-4 years of sales experience in the securities or financial services industries.
- Meet the minimum entry and examination requirements to become an appointed licensed representative for a holder of a Capital Markets Services License as per section 101 of the SFA or must be obtained within 60 days of employment.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||HK - Central Hong Kong
Activation Date: Friday, April 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, April 23, 2018