Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
At Schwab, the Core Technology Solutions (CTS) organization leads the Broker-Dealer, Bank, Charles Schwab Investment Management Company and Retirement Plan Services. Our team delivers innovative client experience capabilities and efficient middle and back-office processing.
This role will provide in depth data mining, analysis, and reporting expertise across multiple disciplines and functions; including, but not limited to, Financial Management, Vendor Management, Operational Performance, and Asset Management. This person will work closely with CTS Leadership to define and develop appropriate reporting on organizational measures including Key Performance and Risk Indicators using tools such as Tableau and Alteryx. The position will function as the primary data collection and data analysis analyst for all CTS reporting activities. This role is responsible for maintaining deep understanding of CTS systems and data models, capturing reporting requirements and following an Agile Development Life Cycle methodology to deliver production quality reports and dashboards.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated data analysis skills, knowledge of organizational performance measures, and an advanced level skillset in data modeling and data visualization. The role must be able to communicate effectively with the CTS Leadership team and will engage with the team regularly to deliver management reporting and process improvement projects. This is a technical reporting and analytics role that requires excellent teamwork, communication, and leadership skills to be successful.
What you’ll do:
- Build data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems; integrating, consolidating and cleansing data; and structuring it for use in individual analytics applications
- Analyze data to determine root cause and/or provide quantitative answers to questions posed by leadership through meaningful data visualization
- Design, develop and fine tune published dashboards and reporting that is readily available to team members and leadership
- Automate data mining, analysis, and reporting to the extent possible and when doing so benefits CTS
- Effectively manage data analysis and reporting projects, as assigned, by leadership
- Recommend and drive ongoing improvements in CTS management reporting processes, procedures and functionality
- Identify opportunities to use data to drive enhanced business decision making and promote a data-driven culture
- Ensure data quality and consistency for all developed dashboards and reporting.
What you have:
As an analyst you will have the following skills and experience:
- BS in computer science or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience, knowledge of Tableau products (Tableau desktop, Tableau server, Visualization, Tableau, Saas) with development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of experience with ETL, Data Warehousing, and SQL including database configuration and backend database management is desired
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to generate reports and troubleshoot production issues; proficiency in other programming languages such as, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, Scala is desired
- Experience with tools like Tableau, Alteryx, R, Flexera, Remedy, CLARITY, Atlassian stack is highly desirable
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing, development and implementation
- Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines desired
- Working proficiency in various developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and senior leadership to achieve performance objectives
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, Agile development, maintenance and software improvement
- Ability to work across multiple databases (Db2, MSSQL, etc.) and be ability to correlate data for analysis
- Exceptional reporting skills to access combine and analyze multiple data sources (strong comfort level with advanced formatting, formulas, graphs, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong data mining and analysis, research, investigating and problem solving skills
- Provide appropriate training, mentoring and support for Tableau and other BI tools to other analysts and business users. Facilitate communication upward and across project teams
- Extremely strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and organization skills
- SharePoint and SharePoint data management skills
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization best practice and other visualization tools
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, April 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018