San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab takes governance and oversight of its investment products, services and advice offering very seriously and relies on various governance councils headed by senior leaders for help with this. The Schwab Center for Financial Research (SCFR), a division of CS&Co, plays an active role in leading and facilitating such councils, in addition to producing and delivering professional-quality research and decision making tools for individual investors and RIAs. The person in this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of one or more governance councils, working closely with the Chair, members, presenters and advisors. In addition, this person will be assigned various SCFR oversight functions and special projects. This position will report to Managing Director, Investment Products, Policies and Controls within SCFR.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with council chairs, members and advisors on setting agendas, scheduling meetings and addressing council directives.
- Maintain council meeting schedule, facilitate agenda planning, and help compile, complete and pre-review presentation templates and materials with advisors, facilitate meetings, draft minutes, and maintain council documents/records.
- Pro-actively guide and coach presenters and key advisors and business partners to ensure their presentation materials are well-prepared and address all the key risk-related issues.
- Partner with senior management i.e., product and service group leaders, Legal, Compliance, Audit etc. to work on council and other key special initiatives.
- Assist with oversight and control functions including reporting to executive-level committees and councils
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services (B/D or Asset Management) industry, preferably in leadership or key contributor roles associated with investment products and services, oversight, sales, risk management and/or governance
- BA/BS degree required-advanced degree preferred.
- Series 7 & 63 required – Series 24 preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Office application skills including Access.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- CFP, CFA, CAIA charter or candidacy highly preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Thursday, April 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018