Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Client Reporting Team (CRT) is a diverse group of software developers responsible for developing and supporting client communications such as letters, statements, tax forms and confirmations. We have an opening for a highly experienced Sr. Software Developer who will join our dynamic and collaborative team in the middle of a multi-year modernization effort. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned pro to directly impact design and the foundations of our environment as we modernize and re-think our communication strategy and delivery methods for our clients. Integration with numerous systems of records, large volumes in terms of size and speed, along with multi-tasking on numerous projects that directly impact our Schwab clients, all make this an exciting opportunity for the right individual looking to take their next step.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a senior software application developer who will work within our Agile/Scrum team environment on our BUILD development team. As one our Senior developers, you will partner with our other Tech leads to design solutions and deliver projects, identify and mitigate risk, mentor our junior teammates with best practice thought leadership, demonstrate a strong work ethic in a highly professional and collaborative environment, all under tight timelines. Within a fast paced day, the team creates a strong and supportive environment that adapts well to change, new ideas, experimentation and growth, and a fun work environment where you can truly do your best work. We encourage curiosity, learning, challenging the norm and alternative ideas, all while evolving our best practices in both software development and process to make us better, and the right candidate will be an active driver of this evolution forward.
Responsibility and activities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in Dev planning, design sessions, development with unit testing, and partnership with QA to ensure code fits business requirement.
- Working closely with our Business System Analysts to help them identify, define and document business/technical requirements.
- High collaboration with team and partners discussing options and enhancement opportunities.
- Ensure timely delivery of technical project & release deliverables
- Mentoring others, growing our team knowledge thru Developer Deep Dives, and continuously expanding Best Practices
- The candidate must be able to balance multiple priorities while navigating daily opportunities
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, have the ability to quickly learn new concepts and must be able to interact with all levels of technical and business.
What you have:
- 6-8+ years’ experience with Java / JEE software design, development, and implementation in a SPRING Framework environment
- 3-5+ years’ experience Architecting, Developing, and Designing complex designs for enterprise wide projects
- Advanced Java: Multithreading/Locking, Scaling/Performance, Memory/Object Reuse, IOC Design, Simple/Clean API/Encapsulation
- Enterprise Application Design: Multiple Components, External System Interaction
- Preferred Platforms: Linux Systems, Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services, Containers (Docker, Diego)
- Advanced Version Control: Chery Picking. History Re-Writing
- Architecting: Global Vision/Strategy , Component Breakdown/Specs
- Scripting: Python, Shell/BASH, Groovy, Perl
- Experience with the core infrastructure services such as DNS, NAS, SAN, Networking, SMTP, NAC, Active Directory, GPOs, and DHCP
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Denver
Activation Date: Thursday, April 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 16, 2018