Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Staff Developer will play a key role in on the Custom Applications team on the Compliance and Legal Technology Team. The Staff Developer will be responsible for working with the development team to help accomplish the goals laid out for each Agile Sprint. Responsibilities include working with the BSAs (Business System Analysts) to understand the requirements of the software and deliver the expected result with quality and detail as the focus, coordinating with the ETL Specialists, Database Administrators, Operations Team, and System Administrators, and interfacing with functional experts from Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Supervision & Controls (S&C), the vendor’s Professional Services team, and Schwab’s management team.
You will be a developer on the team and also a liaison with the teams identified above, partnering closely with them to ensure on-time delivery and quality code is implemented. Your work will impact the success of the project and the firm by ensuring a successful delivery of these critical applications.
What you’ll do:
- Utilize skills to write optimal SQL queries, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Estimate work leveraging Agile story points in accordance with team standards.
- Participate in the evolution of the team’s Agile practice.
- Participate in all team rituals (Daily Standups, Planning Meetings, Sprint Review meetings, Grooming sessions).
- Partner with architects and senior developers to create robust solutions.
- Participate in peer code reviews, upholding the development standards of the team.
- Understand the key business functions of the Compliance department.
- Partner with Operation Support teams to deploy solutions, following release management practices.
- Work with the Operations Support team to ensure transparency between organizations and provide quality post release support for our business partners.
What you have:
- BA/BS or higher degree, preferably in an software related discipline
- From 5-10+ years of experience coding a wide variety of technical solutions
- Understands the Agile process and its benefits to development teams and the business units served
- Familiarity with REST services and MicroServices
- Has SQL experience and familiarity with the Microsoft SQL Server Platform
- Understanding of CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Delivery) and why these practices are beneficial
- A desire to create quality software and learn new things
- Experience with the Atlassian set of tools for Agile project/code management (BitBucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence) desired but not required
- Experience on the Java platform nice to have
- Experience with Informatica nice to have
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A desire to have fun creating excellent solutions for our business clients
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, June 5, 2018